Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a job in dublin zoo

• 17-07-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

hi folks
    a friend of mine is looking for a job in dublin zoo as a general op and just wondering how hard is it to get in is it a who you know not what you know kind of set up?
    he would do anything towork there eg grounds cleaner pets corner. any info would be great ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Great pay I believe working in the Zoo ( someone I know got a few months work there last year ) Bad news is that it is all about knowing someone on the inside - no pull = no job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I used to work in Dublin Zoo (catering side, not animally side unfortunately) and I got to know the keepers well. Most of the jobs are like a previous poster said more about 'who you know not what you know;, alot of the keeper are related, fathers, sons, brothers etc.
    It couldn't hurt though to express an interest in volunteering though and see if you can get your foot in the door that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I have a lodger who is currently working in there at the moment and she just sent in a C.V. and was lucky to get in without knowing anyone, but they did say that it is very much a case of if you know someone in there.

Advertisement