Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free fees for college?

Options
  • 17-07-2011 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey all I would apreciate some advice I completed a level 5 plc course in 2007. I never recieved a grant for this as I was working at the time and paid my own way. I recently applied as a mature student for maths at UCD and got in will I still qaulify for the free fees even though I completed a plc course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, you are entitled to free fees - free tution fees. If you do not qualify for a grant you'll have to pay the registration fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭flay

Larianne wrote: »
    Yes, you are entitled to free fees - free tution fees. If you do not qualify for a grant you'll have to pay the registration fees.

Thanks so much for your anwser! I actually found out the course was level six! The course this year is a level 8 I think , will a previous qaulification disqaulify me from a grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

As your previous qualification is a lower level than level 8, you will qualify as you are seen as progressing in your level of study:o.

Advertisement