Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a student loan of 11k!!

Options
  • 17-07-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I just found out that i am liable to pay tuition fees for my first year in college, which are 7000 and then of course registration fee, books, accommodation etc.
    Anyway i need 11K and was planning to ask credit union, is there any chance they will give it to me? I dont wanna go in there and be laughed out of the place :( I can have my parents as guarantor if they want and my parents have a very good reputation with the credit union.

Im on Back to education allowance and will be able to pay back 200 a month no problem. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do about getting a student loan? Please help, If i dont get a loan i dont think ill be able to go to college. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Why do you have to pay tuition fees..?

Everyone in ireland gets free tuition for their degree..bar books,registration and accommodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭knifeyspoony

Fol20 wrote: »
    Why do you have to pay tuition fees..?

Everyone in ireland gets free tuition for their degree..bar books,registration and accommodation.

I did a course a couple of years ago, but dropped out half way through the first year. So i am now liable to pay tuition fees...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

With the credit union you would need a good bit saved with them to get a loan on 11,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Just to let you know if you dropped out half way through your only liable for 3500..It all depends what month you dropped out.. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭knifeyspoony

Fol20 wrote: »
    Just to let you know if you dropped out half way through your only liable for 3500..It all depends what month you dropped out.. hope this helps

No i dropped out after jan 31st so i have to pay. have already chatted with them about it. thanks anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement