Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Sharing - WMI Corrupted

Options
  • 18-07-2011 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Hey, not really expecting anyone to have a fix here but worth a shot anyway.

Basically I'm trying to connect my xbox to the internet using my laptop and an ethernet cable, its always worked fine in the past simply through enabling connection sharing.

Problem is now when I click on the sharing tab under connection properties I get an error message saying "Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The windows management instrumentation (WMI) information might be corrupted"

It then says that to fix it I should perform a system restore which I've tried but with no success. I've searched the internet endlessly but cant find a single solid fix other than to reinstall vista which I'd obviously rather not have to do.

To add further confusion it only happens with my own internet connection (3 dongle), I've tested someone else's dongle on the laptop and theres no problem enabling sharing.

On a possibly related note, I can't view the status of the connection in the network and sharing centre. The 'view status' link is shown but clicking it does nothing, similar story when I right click and select 'status' under 'connect to a network'.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ericstairs

I would start by un-installing the software for the dongle, then re-installing it and connect it to a different USB port. Then I would access the control panel and navigate to the network connections and disable the device then try uninstall it. Thats how'd I start shooting that trouble.

Advertisement