Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbed piercings in Cork!

Options
  • 18-07-2011 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Cork where the piercer numbs the body part beforehand? I want to get my tongue pierced and I heard you can get it numbed beforehand... Im aware there are side effects but im still interested to know if there is anywhere that do it ? ..
    I got my ears pierced in Moores Jewellers in Douglas and they numbed my ears and I honestley didnt feel a thing and have no complaints what so ever but now im older and more of a wimp and cant compare feelings to psyke myself up! I know this is daft , but its worth a shot if anyone knows! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from Newbies & FAQ to Cork City with redirect expiring in 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I highly doubt there is any piercer that will do this for you for a body piercing. I get that you say you understand there are side effects but it also slows down the healing process.

You might not believe me but a tongue piercing is actually not sore at all! I'm a big wimp too but I was genuinely surprised about how pain free it was. It's just a weird feeling - I'd describe it as being like getting a tooth pulled when the gum has been numbed - you can feel it but it doesn't hurt. Pop a pain killer beforehand and suck on a LOT of ice afterwards and you'll be fine!! Best piercing I've ever had!

The only time it starts to hurt is during the healing process imo, so you certainly don't want to delay that with any numbing spray. :) Just pay attention to the after care procedure and you'll be fine! Best of luck!

..It might be worth popping a thread into the tattoo and piercing forum. For peace of mind, many people there will tell you that getting the tongue pierced really doesn't hurt. I found getting my lobes pierced to be far worse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've had a fair few things pierced in the past (Don't ask), and they don't hurt so much. The only one that hurt was the eyebrow one because I'd it pierced previously and had to pierce it again and there was scar tissue inside from the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Robynne

NoDice wrote: »
    I highly doubt there is any piercer that will do this for you for a body piercing. I get that you say you understand there are side effects but it also slows down the healing process.

You might not believe me but a tongue piercing is actually not sore at all! I'm a big wimp too but I was genuinely surprised about how pain free it was. It's just a weird feeling - I'd describe it as being like getting a tooth pulled when the gum has been numbed - you can feel it but it doesn't hurt. Pop a pain killer beforehand and suck on a LOT of ice afterwards and you'll be fine!! Best piercing I've ever had!

The only time it starts to hurt is during the healing process imo, so you certainly don't want to delay that with any numbing spray. :) Just pay attention to the after care procedure and you'll be fine! Best of luck!

..It might be worth popping a thread into the tattoo and piercing forum. For peace of mind, many people there will tell you that getting the tongue pierced really doesn't hurt. I found getting my lobes pierced to be far worse! :D
    Yeah I was thinking there wouldn't be but I thought I'd ask anyway :) just read somewhere that its done! Yeah I heard it slows it done alright :/ Well I do beleive you, Im just still going to be absolutely terrified before I get it done, if I dont freak myself out of doing it alltogether haha! But yeah a lot of people have said exactly what you have now! its just like you said and many others have said to me that there ears hurt more, I just cant judge it because my ears were numbed so I cant even gage it on that haha! Well in total ive about nine friends with it done and onlt two of them said it hurt to get done but only for a second! the others explained like you did that you can feel it but theres no pain!
    Well thank you very much for your response i appreciate it and do feel better! :)

Owen wrote: »
    I've had a fair few things pierced in the past (Don't ask), and they don't hurt so much. The only one that hurt was the eyebrow one because I'd it pierced previously and had to pierce it again and there was scar tissue inside from the first one.
    Well I suppose when you you've a fair few piercings that the pain musn't be that bad because you obviously would not of kept getting them if the pain was that bad :)
    And loads of people have numerous one!
    Im just a wimp sorry, for me I'd think about it so much so that I'd chicken out haha!
    Awh yeah I'd say that was sore alright! And is it all ok now?
    Thanks for the reply btw :)

• Advertisement

When I got sensible jobs, I had to take them out, but they were fine for ages. Once you regularly clean them, there's no bothers at all with them. Only problem is that visible ones for lads can cause hassles getting into Nightclubs, girls don't seem to have that hassle. Least I got to keep my Tattoos - want more Tatts now to compensate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Robynne wrote: »
    Well I suppose when you you've a fair few piercings that the pain musn't be that bad because you obviously would not of kept getting them if the pain was that bad :)
    And loads of people have numerous one!
    Im just a wimp sorry, for me I'd think about it so much so that I'd chicken out haha!
    Awh yeah I'd say that was sore alright! And is it all ok now?
    Thanks for the reply btw :)

i had a fair few piercings aswell when i was younger, the tongue is not as bad as it sounds, you just feel a bit of pressure then its done,
    its the healing thats a bit annoying, you have to eat marshmallows and gollybars for a few days:D
    i thought the top of my ear was way worse,

When I got sensible jobs, I had to take them out, but they were fine for ages. Once you regularly clean them, there's no bothers at all with them. Only problem is that visible ones for lads can cause hassles getting into Nightclubs, girls don't seem to have that hassle. Least I got to keep my Tattoos - want more Tatts now to compensate :D
    haha sensible jobs hahah :D ... yeah I understand what you mean though! .. I think sometimes the tingue is not as visible depending on the person.. I had a teacher for three years and never realised she actually had it pierced haha! :)
    Oh yeah well Id be very particular about cleaning Id be afraid not to ! lol
    Oh really? Whys that? :/ ...
    Oh cool, what tattoos do you have ? Id love one of them too but Im scared as well haha!

bladebrew wrote: »
    i had a fair few piercings aswell when i was younger, the tongue is not as bad as it sounds, you just feel a bit of pressure then its done,
    its the healing thats a bit annoying, you have to eat marshmallows and gollybars for a few days:D
    i thought the top of my ear was way worse,
    Oh really? cool! Id love to have a few! haha my parents wont let me!
    Awwh right I get what you mean alright! :)
    haha I probably wouldnt mind that too much! haha
    Well yeah i suppose the tongue is moist so the needle just slides through and when the clamp is on tight so it starts to numb it slightly anyway!
    thanks for the reply :)

Robynne wrote: »
    Oh cool, what tattoos do you have ? Id love one of them too but Im scared as well haha!

Mostly some celtic knotwork on both upper arms, and a tribal fish thing taking up one calf on one leg - which I don't remember getting, I woke up in Bangkok with it. Glad it's tasty, could have been terrible!

• Advertisement

Mostly some celtic knotwork on both upper arms, and a tribal fish thing taking up one calf on one leg - which I don't remember getting, I woke up in Bangkok with it. Glad it's tasty, could have been terrible!
    Awh class! Celtic and Tribal work always look really good!
    haha really? .. yeah your lucky, could of been anything haha!

Advertisement