Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving 3 today for Meteor ...Porting number

Options
  • 18-07-2011 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm leaving 3 today, bill pay, have to buy out remainder of my contract.
    I want to move to meteor bill pay and get a new phone, can I port my current 3 number an 086, straight after I close my account with 3, Ive had this number over 10 years, someone was saying I may have to wait 30 days ??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

No, you won't have to wait 30 days. You can port straight away.

If moving to another company, you can get a good rebate by joining through FatCheese. For Meteor, you get 40 euro back - Three is 30.81, Vodafone is 35 and O2 is 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Meteor would likely bill you for another month tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JavaBeans

srsly78 wrote: »
    Meteor would likely bill you for another month tho.

cheers for the info peeps,

how do you mean, like Ill pay for the phone, 160 I think (galaxy s2), and Ive to pay a months tariff upfront is it ? I've read also a 70 euro deposit or is this the upfront payment you refer to ?
    I just want to have enough cash on me when I go into the store, ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Sorry I meant 3. If you cancel bill in the middle of a "billing cycle" they would still bill you for a month after. That's the 30 day notice thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JavaBeans

srsly78 wrote: »
    Sorry I meant 3. If you cancel bill in the middle of a "billing cycle" they would still bill you for a month after. That's the 30 day notice thing.

ah i get you, my bill is due the 21st I think ! and I have to pay as far as january i think according to the reps here in 3 forum Grrrrrr :mad:
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

If you just port your number and you will automatically be billed for remainder of your contract. Its really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Wrong 3 won't bill you for the 30 days. They charge you for all the call during the notice period. Wouldn't release my number either. Ended up with a monster final bill because they didn't charge for a month or partof.

Advertisement