Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers query

Options
  • 18-07-2011 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

OK this is not a question about the movie transformer's but on a recent trip over to the states I bought a mixer machine for baking with, now it came with a US plug but we had a autotransformer here that we thought would suffice, but it doesn't!

The spec's for the machine are:
    rated voltage 120V-60Hz
    rated power input: 350W

The spec's for the transformer I have are:
    Model SC 5327
    Max load: 30VA
    input 220/240V A.C 50/60 Hz
    output 110/120V A.C. 50/60 Hz

What kind of transformer should I be looking for?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You should be looking for a transformer that's atleast 10 times bigger!

The machine is 350w so you need atleast a 350VA transformer, probably something around 400VA.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

tazamama wrote: »
    OK this is not a question about the movie transformer's but on a recent trip over to the states I bought a mixer machine for baking with, now it came with a US plug but we had a autotransformer here that we thought would suffice, but it doesn't!

The spec's for the machine are:
    rated voltage 120V-60Hz
    rated power input: 350W

The spec's for the transformer I have are:
    Model SC 5327
    Max load: 30VA
    input 220/240V A.C 50/60 Hz
    output 110/120V A.C. 50/60 Hz

What kind of transformer should I be looking for?

Many thanks

A transformer rated at 350w probably more than that at max rating will set you back about 100 quid i'd say. I got a bare bones job through www.kellihers.com in Galway who are resellers for Merrimack transformers

http://www.merrimack.ie/transformers/index.php?p=productsList&iCategory=4&sName=Control-Transformers

I had to create a housing for it and put on a temperature controlled switch for cooling it also as it is left on for long periods of time - it controls my 6 zone amplifier which I got stateside! it works great though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tazamama

thanks so much for your replies, I thought I was getting a bargain when I bought the mixer cos the same one over here would be about 500euro! I'll check out those suggestions

Advertisement