Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista x64: Chkdsk stuck in a loop. Help!

• 18-07-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Last night I set Chkdsk to run on one of the three internal volumes in my computer.

After finishing with this HD, it then started on its external equivalent.

It then ran on another internal volume and its external equivalent.

None of these is the C: drive. They're HDs I use for storing images files.

Unfortuantely, it is now stuck in a loop and back to the original volume.

How can I make it stop?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Try hitting ctrl-alt-del and in applications, do an end task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have you tried to remove the external drives and see what happens?

I've seen a few cases where chkdsk will actually roll back but will eventually finish. Like it'll get to 70% then suddenly go back to 50 and continue from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Mr. P,

Tried that already.

No joy, I'm afraid. The Task Manager doesn't open.

D.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Have you tried to remove the external drives and see what happens?

I've seen a few cases where chkdsk will actually roll back but will eventually finish. Like it'll get to 70% then suddenly go back to 50 and continue from there.

Just did that now. Will let the internal chkdsk finish and then see how it is.

Am I right in thinking that Vista doesn't give a report on errors found like Windows XP did on my last machine?

Thanks.

D.

Keith,

I never said it keeps looping at 70%. It finishes one drive then moves onto the next etc...and, eventually, back to the first again.

I've unplugged the external drives now and will see what happens when it completes the two internal drives - i.e. whether or not it stops.

Another thing.....the option to stop chkdsk at the beginning before pressing any key doesn't work for me. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement