Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

leggo wrote: »
    As someone else said here, if the characters didn't make stupid decisions, the whole series would involve them sitting on the farm keeping watch and chatting. What do you want? Hyper-intelligent characters who do nothing or slightly thick characters who get in stand-offs with the remaining few living humans left while zombies chase both down?

True, but I'd like to see an episode where they at least debate as to what to do and where to go. They should be running low on ammo by now, surely they should be looking for more, and or starting to use hand to hand weapons on the Zeds.

Oh, I can't be the only TWD graphic novel reader on this forum, who got a bit excited when Rick talked about using a hatchet, can I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

True, but I'd like to see an episode where they at least debate as to what to do and where to go. They should be running low on ammo by now, surely they should be looking for more, and or starting to use hand to hand weapons on the Zeds.

Oh, I can't be the only TWD graphic novel reader on this forum, who got a bit excited when Rick talked about using a hatchet, can I?

Thats the main thing I find stupid about the show, they constantly talk about noise attracting walkers, end up fighting them off by hand a good bit of the time and not one of them carries a baseball bat, axe or hatchet when going out on their business.

I'd be geared up to the gills with knives, truncheons, hatchets if I was risking gettin eaten alive by zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Apologies, I don't mean to appear condascending. It's just difficult that, after watching an episode that was 50% set off the farm, to take criticisms that they need to stop spending their entire time on the farm seriously.

It's almost as difficult to hear people say that they need to stop sitting around the farm, then saying they need to sit around and debate and strategise more. Do you want them to sit down or stand up, to run or to fight? Or would you rather they sit down and chat, but sit down in a different location to a farm? Farms are places of work after all! And their camp is ruining the scenic view. They should endeavour to find a nice, zombie-free board room and hold official meetings with T-Dawg on minutes duty so he finally has a purpose in the show.

Never mind the people who are on their 7th 'last chance' with the show yet still criticise. My understanding of the phrase 'last chance' would include "if I'm still criticising this episode 4 episodes from now, that's it." Which is what people are saying, in fairness. Until they criticise it again the next week and say they'll give it ONE more episode.

Do you know what The Walking Dead should change though?

Absolutely nothing!

It's a massive success! It's doing exactly what TV shows are designed to do: attract viewers and keep them coming back. Should it take a leaf from Breaking Bad's book and shrink its viewership by 75%?

"But the mainstream audience are dumb!" you say?

Well they're not the ones who are, week-after-week, making inane statements like "you'd never see this on Mad Men!" when talking about a zombie thriller. So are THEY the stupid one's? Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

but thats exactly what has happend.

they were supposed to be heading to some army base when they found the farm and had to decide if it was better to stay there, where they pretty much have everything they need to survive happily and bugger all zombies to contend with , or continue down the road to the army base - which if we belive the two lads from the bar- is ****ed.

most of this season has been about rick trying to convince herschal not to kick them off his land and shane potentially just taking it so tacitly its looking like they wanna stay there.

the last two episode were basically about defending it from agressors.

i dont see the writers giving them a happy ending there though. already weve got the bar lads and their group intruding on their "paradise" and my money is STILL ona herd of zombies coming over the hills and forcing every one to run.

probably in the midst of a pitched batter between the two groups - drawn by their gunfire.

that herd from the first episode have to have gone somewhere and cant be the only lot roaming the countryside

ive said it from the outset - the farm is about lulling them into a false sense of security and i bet the whole thing ends in tears for em.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

but thats exactly what has happend.

they were supposed to be heading to some army base when they found the farm and had to decide if it was better to stay there, where they pretty much have everything they need to survive happily and bugger all zombies to contend with , or continue down the road to the army base - which if we belive the two lads from the bar- is ****ed.

Yeah, but they have a lot of spare time on the farm, you'd think they'd be thinking about how to get to Fort Benning, what supplies they'll need, what route to take etc. Then armed with this plan, they could adjust it to cover new developments. You would think that seeing as they have survived so long, they would know that they need to stock up on supplies and alternative plans! All the time they were out looking for Sophia, surely they would have thought and talked about what next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Surely with all the people now at the farm, they'll need to gather alot of resources more quickly = more risks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Dempsey wrote: »
    Surely with all the people now at the farm, they'll need to gather alot of resources more quickly = more risks

I reckon Herschel is an ex badass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

don ramo wrote: »
    , i think shes become a bandwagon for eveyone to jump on,

That's hardly fair...she's only slept with two guys.

Stork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Anyone else think that Merle will be revealed as the leader of the other gang of survivors?

I reckon the hallucination part with him and Daryl was used to keep him fresh in our heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Anyone else think that Merle will be revealed as the leader of the other gang of survivors?

Not until now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Not until now :p

:pac:

That would be awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I reckon the hallucination part with him and Daryl was used to keep him fresh in our heads.

I was beginning to think he was gonna get into politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

British actor David Morrissey has been cast to play the evil villain in the third season of The Walking Dead.

David Morrissey: Joins cast of The Walking Dead next season
    The BAFTA award nominee will join the zombie drama next season as The Governor. This sadistic character heads a settlement of survivors in Woodbury.

Morrissey's credits include several hit TV series such as the BBC mini-series State of Play, Channel 4's acclaimed drama, Red Riding and Doctor Who.

In a news release, the AMC network described the character of the Governor as "the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors" who "becomes the chief antagonist for Rick Grimes," the heroic character played by Andrew Lincoln.

AMC said the Governor will appear in Season 3 of The Walking Dead, for which it has committed to 16 episodes.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0225/morrisseyd.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I thought the most recent episode was very good. It is certainly better than a lot of shows currently on television.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't think there's a need to spoiler-tag casting news? Anyone who knows the comics is hardly going to be surprised, and for those of us who don't - it doesn't really mean anything :)

• Advertisement

I dunno about that, the fact that the spoiler said he's the
    chief antagonist of Rick means either him and Shane are best buds or Shane will be gone by the finale of S02
    Just a guess.

ah i know it was inevitable but some people like a surprise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Anyone else given up on this show?

no richard as you've stated before we know you're not watching it and don't like it, head back to your 2 and a half men thread

allanb49 wrote: »
    no richard as you've stated before we know you're not watching it and don't like it, head back to your 2 and a half men thread

K....just asking....... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Come on Richard, don't be stirring. You know this is a very popular show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

K....just asking....... :o
    You asked the same question last Monday, so just seems like you're trolling or looking for attention. We get it, you don't watch it.

Kirby wrote: »
    Come on Richard, don't be stirring. You know this is a very popular show.

It's a legit question, the quality and pacing of season 2 leaves alot to be desired, i know alot of people feel the same way, not just on this thread but on reviews, blogs, forums etc.

So asking if others have given it up is not stirring or trolling but a legit question based on the above.

It's a legit question, the quality and pacing of season 2 leaves alot to be desired, i know alot of people feel the same way, not just on this thread but on reviews, blogs, forums etc.

So asking if others have given it up is not stirring or trolling but a legit question based on the above.

Not really a legit question seeing as the 2nd last episode was the highest watched ever.

pixelburp wrote: »
    You asked the same question last Monday, so just seems like you're trolling or looking for attention. We get it, you don't watch it.

I can't remember every single post i make, but re-reading i said *I* had given up, not if others had.

Not really a legit question seeing as the 2nd last episode was the highest watched ever.

Was that ep. 8?...the one after the hiatus....that might explain it.

Was that ep. 8?...the one after the hiatus....that might explain it.

Not really sure how that would explain it, going up against the Grammys and all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Anyone else given up on this show?

yep, and a few other people I know

i am genuinely puzzled by people who are continuing to watch this dross.. it's just awful.

yep, and a few other people I know

i am genuinely puzzled by people who are continuing to watch this dross.. it's just awful.

Battered viewer syndrome; we go back to the show even though it doesn't change, no matter what it promises, week after week.

In fairness, the show had bags of potential, its just being hamstrung by the writing. Despite the extremely short first series showing some flaws, it was only right that the 2nd series be given a good chance to show how the format worked in a longer season. So with that nearly finished, I think a lot of us are realising that the show is just muck.

As boring as it sometimes is though its still a hell of a lot better than 98% of the crap that being pumped out. Theres not enough great shows to fill the time so this is ok as a filler. Plus there's the chance it may turn into a great show unlike so many others that have jumped the shark seasons ago but are still being thrown out for season after season with the same knob and fart jokes.

Theres not that much decent TV these days so ya take what you can get and this is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Battered viewer syndrome; we go back to the show even though it doesn't change, no matter what it promises, week after week.

In fairness, the show had bags of potential, its just being hamstrung by the writing. Despite the extremely short first series showing some flaws, it was only right that the 2nd series be given a good chance to show how the format worked in a longer season. So with that nearly finished, I think a lot of us are realising that the show is just muck.

I really liked this show at the start but it has just got progressively worse. You can tell the budget for the show has been cut big time from Season 1. Reminds me of Heroes and Lost. 2 other shows i just gave up on after superb first seasons but also suffered second season syndrome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Once the baby is born everything will change, I just know it,
    They will never hurt us again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Episode 10 Thoughts
    Not sure what the point of it was, as it ended just as it begun, with tension between Rick and Shane and the kid in the boot. The story with the girl trying to commit suicide was meh and uninteresting. Disappointed that many other characters were not in this episode also.

Not sure what the significance of the walker/person coming across the field that shane kept looking at was, but I suppose im kind of interested to find out what it is.

Just felt it was a kind of boring episode with yet again, not much progression. Sure there was a few zombie kills, but it didn't really add much.
    I really hope Merle is found before the end of the season, he could really liven up the show if he came back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Episode 10 Thoughts
    Not sure what the point of it was, as it ended just as it begun, with tension between Rick and Shane and the kid in the boot. The story with the girl trying to commit suicide was meh and uninteresting. Disappointed that many other characters were not in this episode also.

Not sure what the significance of the walker/person coming across the field that shane kept looking at was, but I suppose im kind of interested to find out what it is.

Just felt it was a kind of boring episode with yet again, not much progression. Sure there was a few zombie kills, but it didn't really add much.
    I really hope Merle is found before the end of the season, he could really liven up the show if he came back into it.
    well shane has been told whats what and now he has to make a decsion, i think it did resolve some issues between the two of them, and shane has realised he goes to far sometimes like when he tried to kill rick for telling him whats what, what he decides is anyones guess but id say hell stick around for a while yet,

i think the suicide thing was more for andrea than anything else, showing how far shes come and she understands more than anyone how hard it is to continue to live in this world, shes come a long way from the woman who wanted a gun and an empty room 9 episodes ago,

i thought it was another very good episode, the show i still dont think has reached its peak and what were seeing now should lead to better storylines down the road, after 1.5 seasons the caracters seem to be getting fleshed out a bit more, especially the women, lori andrea and maggie will be better caracters going forward the more we find out about them, and where they stand on issues that stand before them, they all want to survive but each have specific reasons to,

i do wonder why yerman was there or a week why he never metioned he was from the area and knew maggie, and as much as people would think maggie probably wouldnt know him personally surely shed know the vast majority of the people she went to school with,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

At the end of episode when Rick comes back to rescue Shane, how did Shane know he could exit the rear of the bus? If he knew this why didn't he make a run for it earlier. Better writing would have been if Rick came back just like he did but smashed a rear window and Shane jumped out, I guess its only a minor thing.

Didn't really enjoy the whole suicide/Andrea/Lori bickering thing. I usually fast forward through these parts, I thought the scenes of killing zombies was pretty good. I think it proved the kid is dangerous the way he killed that zombie and said come on bitch give me what you got, at least it was some kind of insight into his character.

Still baffled as to why they would take him back to the farm and then go out to release him without getting any info on the group he was with.

Thought the door at the back of the bus was a bit lazy too. Dont understand why they killed the guards and didnt pick up the guns until Rick was heading back to the car. First thing you'd do in that situation would be take the guns and check for ammo. Seeing as Rick already mentioned ammo was short. Another thing is that they keep going out on these trips with nothing in the way of weapons. We know they have hatches and stuff but they go out with pocket knives :confused::confused:

The suicide story was boring a fcuk, glad the fact that Andrea does nothing but sits on top of the RV doing nothing all day was brought up though.

Whole thing looked like it was setting up the departure of Shane and Andrea to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Wasn't too bad, still not much progression. I'll have to watch it again but I think there was hinting that all the dead get turned into walkers, they mentioned there were no bites on the guards and said it must have been "scratches".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Way too much zombies and action in that episode and not enough sitting around on the farm discussing stuff.
    That's it I'm finished with this show.

See y'all next week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Decent ep albeit one where not alot actually happened Randall started the ep in the boot and ended it there too . Once again the new direction under Glen Mazarra was in evidence with the episode taking place a week after the last something unheard of in the Darabont era which was all more or less in realtime, and while that's all well and good when the s**ts really hit the fan lending things an immediacy, it is an momentum destroyer when things are dandy. I dare say if Glen Mazarra was in charge in the first half of the season we wouldn't have had half the bed ridden Carl/Sophie search hand wringing scenes as things would have been resolved quicker.

Similarly Darabont era Rick would have wrestled with whether to confront Shane over the things Lori told him for a few eps , in the Mazzara era he confronts him the very next episode and while we would be a fool to think anything is actually resolved between them at episodes end it was a fight that needed to happen .

Enjoyed the nods to the comics too basic common sense things really like conserving ammo by using a knife whenever possible and Shane noting the lack of bite marks on the Zombie cops if not its actual implications.

• Advertisement

It felt like the opening battle between Shane and Rick, then with Andrea being pushed out of the house it felt like a solid beginning for the possibility of her and Shane two paring off.

Enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

One small complaint about the most recent episode:

- The guy they're having this overblown moral dilemma over, how is he able to walk and run? Last episode he impaled the area around his knee (it looked like) on a broadhead point fence. He was then yanked off of it. Surely he has some broken bones and severed ligaments. Hershel seems to be competent, but there's just no way anyone recovers from an injury like that in a couple of days!

OctavarIan wrote: »

- The guy they're having this overblown moral dilemma over, how is he able to walk and run? Last episode he impaled the area around his knee (it looked like) on a broadhead point fence. He was then yanked off of it. Surely he has some broken bones and severed ligaments. Hershel seems to be competent, but there's just no way anyone recovers from an injury like that in a couple of days!
    Agreed he was far too mobile , but for me the more ridiculous notion in the ep you refer to was that cutting off his leg was a viable alternative to simply reefing his leg off the fence post .

Hershal : we cant just pull it off it will cause too much nerve damage he likely wont ever be able to use it again .

no we've got to cut his leg off above the knee so he definately wont while under attack from hordes of zombies.

And now a week later he is running around and driving cars , its like the production is moving at so fast a pace the writers barely have time to read eachothers scripts to see how they sync up.

Good episode, can see this building very nicely to an exciting finale.

OctavarIan wrote: »

I think it was meant to be taken as a time gap, X amount of time passed so some bit of healing accrued, if not then he's one quick healing super human and might be more trouble then the walkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the thing that i find most unbelievable is the amount of people who come to this thread every week to say "it's sh1t, i'm not watching it", only to return the following week to say the same thing.

there's a simple answer if you don't like it. don't watch it and click on this little button and you'll never have to worry about it again.

194463.jpg

i'm sure there are dozens of threads on this forum about TV shows that i don't like and i cope with this by not watching the shows in question and not reading or posting in the threads about them and i find it works very well so i don't understand why so many people are here week after week saying how they think it's sh1t and they don't want to watch it. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

vibe666 wrote: »
    the thing that i find most unbelievable is the amount of people who come to this thread every week to say "it's sh1t, i'm not watching it", only to return the following week to say the same thing.

there's a simple answer if you don't like it. don't watch it and click on this little button and you'll never have to worry about it again.

194463.jpg

i'm sure there are dozens of threads on this forum about TV shows that i don't like and i cope with this by not watching the shows in question and not reading or posting in the threads about them and i find it works very well so i don't understand why so many people are here week after week saying how they think it's sh1t and they don't want to watch it. :confused:

Last time I checked this was a discussion forum where people can discuss whether they liked it or not. Some people watch in the hope it gets better and if they want to come back every week and say it hasn't improved then that is up to them,because it is a discussion forum! Not everyone has to be saying this show is amazing,people can say what they want.

Somebody complained about Rick getting the guns off the dead cops later, I think logic wasn't too poorly sacrificed there to remind Rick that him and Shane are partners. Overall, I was pleased with it, I didn't care much about whether Beth died, but I'd like to see Andrea and Lori butt heads more often over gender roles. Plus, plenty of good zombie stuff this week. Rick's gun poking out of skull was cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Any ideas what the significance of the zombie/ person walking across the field was that shane kept looking at from the car?

Any ideas what the significance of the zombie/ person walking across the field was that shane kept looking at from the car?

Two things to be taken from it according to Kirkman.

1. Zombies are always around, always a part of their lives.

2. Their numbers are growing, more and more are going to the rural areas

Two things to be taken from it according to Kirkman.

1. Zombies are always around, always a part of their lives.

2. Their numbers are growing, more and more are going to the rural areas

The first time i saw it in the distance i thought it was gonna turn out to be Zombie Otis on his way back to the farm , then when we got a better glimpse at the end of the ep I thought of it simply as an artistic choice by the director to underscore the world they live in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement