Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

briany wrote: »
    I actually forgot that T-Dog (T-Dawg?) was in the show.

Funnily enough, in the last moments of that last ep. I was thinking that I hate Dale going around in his bucket hat acting as the conscience of the group but still not wanting him to die when he got attacked. He's an annoying character but whatever balance the show had might now go out the window entirely.

Ye I liked him, he was an avg joe in a zombie apocalypse, and somewhat more original and less of a token character than most of the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A lot of posts in this thread are worse than the lost ones half of them may as well be saying "zombies huh how do they run, they are dead". (it is a magical island but time travel is nonsense…?)

It is a TV show about Zombies does it really matter if the Zombie Ninja'd Dale or ripped him open the end result was the same and it looked cooler and had more of a better effect.

Sorry no disrespect, but that's a cop-out & doesn't make sense. There is such a thing as internal logic in any competently-written script; just because the backdrop of a drama might be inherently fictitious - or even science-fictional - this doesn't preclude the basic mechanics of our own reality. Even in the most far-flung settings for stories, they nearly always obey some basic tenet of our own reality; and then in the parts of the story where you bend the rules of reality - in order to worldbuild - you don't simply change the rules when you feel like it.

Ultimately, you're telling stories involving human beings & as such we expect those (living!) human beings in fiction to behave in a fashion that the viewer can swallow. So when an otherwise intelligent character is ambushed by a ninja-zombie in the middle of an open field, that's just bad, hamfisted scripting that would have you kicked out of Creative Writing 101.

Look at it this way: if The Walking Dead was a standard soap opera (no snickering at the back please), and we saw a character literally appear from thin air, and defying basic logic, you'd feel po'ed at such a lapse of sense & reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I will chop off my hand and give it to one of the zombies if they kill the Sheriffs son , gets on my tits big time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ well the next ep. it being billed as epic and deaths aplenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

^ well the next ep. it being billed as epic and deaths aplenty.
    Yeah, I really wish I hadn't read the spoiler linked upthread which laid out the plot for the next episode. Was doin' real well too avoiding teaser trailers and such for upcoming episodes but clicked on it in a moment of weakness. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Well this is just too funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Yeah, I really wish I hadn't read the spoiler linked upthread which laid out the plot for the next episode. Was doin' real well too avoiding teaser trailers and such for upcoming episodes but clicked on it in a moment of weakness. :(

After reading it though I'm really looking forward to the next episode. On paper it looks like could be the best episode of both seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Actually thought what happened Dale was rather poetic and good!

Only episode I've watched really this season and enjoyed it, but my mind boggles as to how a show can continue with so little direction! The show has so much potential.. in my opinion, all they need to do is regularly introduce new characters and locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Holy crap!!!! I just read the linked spoilers for next weeks episode. If it's true it'll be a hell of an episode :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

kill of lori and carl please writers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I love the slow pace of the show, really brings everything together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Big episode tonight, in fact i am gonna watch it myself...i'll probably have no context since i've missed like 5-6 episodes, but the buzz is too much not to see it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

so for people who read the spoiler i posted a few days ago...
    thats pretty much how it played out

But in bigger news,
    T-DOG SPEAKS! ACTUAL LINES OF DIALOGUE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Good episode, with a brilliant ending. next week is gonna take it to another level!
    I wonder if Loris plan was to rattle shane up when she talked to him at the windmill tower, if she realised she was being a bitch and finally wanted to apoligise then its backfired...bad. also the final shot on Rick and Carl on that hill infront of the mass hoard of zombies well really well done. Liked Shanes Character, he was right about the kid, shame hes gone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Gonna miss Shane one of the more interesting characthers

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

What's with the admin putting spoiler blockers on what happened in this episode? Surely people know not to come on this thread unlill they've watched it?

Anyway, cracking one at last. Definetly makes me look forward to next week. Looks like they're finally giving us what we want as the season finale.

Mass Zombie attack and the appearance of Michonne next Monday! Woo hoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I had stayed away from spoilers but that scene in the field had "final showdown" written all over it. From the setup, to the choreography of the scene to the very, very closure sounding conversation that lori had with shane 10 minutes previously. I had a feeling rick had finally had enough was just going to shoot shane dead at long last and was faking the whole "im putting my gun down". Turn his hand at the last second and blow him away. It just felt right. The knife was unexpected though. Didn't see that coming. Quite visceral.

And now they know. Doesn't take a bite. Just death. I wonder if it means everyone is infected. It's in the air and they all have it already. Interesting if so as it means there is no hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Definitely shouldn't have killed off Shane. It's not like they're following the comics exactly anyway.

Kirby wrote: »
    And now they know. Doesn't take a bite. Just death. I wonder if it means everyone is infected. It's in the air and they all have it already. Interesting if so as it means there is no hope.

Rumour on the Net is that the final words that the Doctor told Rick in the CDC was that they were all infected.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it would make sense that the doc would know, would explaain why he blew himself up and would explain why rick might not have wanted to kill the prisoner or shane.. putting off having to explain the truth to everybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Really good episode and next week looks to really kick off
    I honestly thought Shane was going to let Randall go and join in with the others so him snapping his neck like that was a complete surprise and then Daryl and Glenn finding him as part of the undead with no bite marks on him gave a big clue that when you die you dont just die
    i thought the faceoff between Shane and Rick in the field was very well handled but I think if Shane saw Rick reaching behind him for his knife he should have shot him thats what he was trained to do as a police officer(show me your hands etc)
    Then when Shane came back from the dead i thought this is gonna be great only to find Carl there to shoot hi
    Liked this episode cant wait for next week!
    Oh and TDog got his name mentioned at least twice!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's unlikely the doctor told Rick that anyone who dies will turn because he doesn't seem to anticipate Shane getting back up.

Blay wrote: »
    It's unlikely the doctor told Rick that anyone who dies will turn because he doesn't seem to anticipate Shane getting back up.
    Or it could be he was distracted by Carl pointing a gun at him. I guess Carl is of an age where shouting "He's behind you!!" would have felt too patomine-y and thus uncool. :pac:

And as we learned from last week those walkers have highly advanced stealth skills which makes them impossible to hear at night.

never understimate the power of bad writing

I liked how they've finally gotten down and dirty and attacked the walkers with hand to hand weapons. They'll run out bullets in no time otherwise.

• Advertisement

Or it could be he was distracted by Carl pointing a gun at him. I guess Carl is of an age where shouting "He's behind you!!" would have felt too patomine-y and thus uncool. :pac:

He sits with Shane's body for a few minutes before Carl comes along. Probably down to bad writing as said above. Guess we'll find out soon anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I liked how they've finally gotten down and dirty and attacked the walkers with hand to hand weapons. They'll run out bullets in no time otherwise.
    Im pretty sure they've used hand weapons and blunt objects as weapons many times before in earlier episodes.

Im pretty sure they've used hand weapons and blunt objects as weapons many times before in earlier episodes.

Picky, picky, picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stormcloud

Video NSFW

For the subset of people who are fans of both "The Walking Dead" and "Office Space"

The killing Zombies Scene at the start had similarities to the destroying printer scene in Office Space

Video NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Giruilla wrote: »
    Definitely shouldn't have killed off Shane. It's not like they're following the comics exactly anyway.

I disagree. There was only so long that the Rick v Shane thing could have gone on for. Any longer and it would have been too forced and they would have just been milking it for all it was worth. It was coming to a head and in the end that bad mutha got what he deserved! But I think Shane has been a great character and it will be interesting to see how they deal with his departure.

I've enjoyed the last few episodes a lot. And I like the fact that just as soon as one real problem has been dealt with, i.e. Shane, they are suddenly about to find themselves in even bigger trouble. Bring those walkers on!

• Advertisement

I disagree. There was only so long that the Rick v Shane thing could have gone on for. Any longer and it would have been too forced and they would have just been milking it for all it was worth. It was coming to a head and in the end that bad mutha got what he deserved! But I think Shane has been a great character and it will be interesting to see how they deal with his departure.

Yeah, sad to see him go but I think it will be better for the show in the long run. New characters are going to come into the group and if too many of the old characters are there the new ones will just be filler, plus it establishes Rick's leadership for the first time really. But I'll say this, if they kill off Daryl the show can fcuk off:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

just watched episode 12 season 2....my god this show is going slow.It is good, but they waste soooo much time on talking about absolute crap! Rick's wife is a dope, hope she's the next one to go...she gives nothing to the show apart from being a boring oul bolox!

Yeah, sad to see him go but I think it will be better for the show in the long run. New characters are going to come into the group and if too many of the old characters are there the new ones will just be filler, plus it establishes Rick's leadership for the first time really. But I'll say this, if they kill off Daryl the show can fcuk off:pac:

haha your dead right! Daryl is the one thats carrying this show, they ned to give him a bigger part...be rude not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think the fact that Daryl was the one to put Dale out of his misery is significant. His character has to become bigger now that Shane is gone, I think that's a given.

What do people think of Andrew Lincoln's portrayal of Rick?
    For me he isn't quite convincing. The Rick from the comics slowly adapted to a world filled with zombies and won't hesitate to do what needs to be done even though it wouldn't quite square with his previous life as a cop.
    It may be to do with the way the character is written for the TV show or it may just be Lincoln's performance but he hasn't really portrayed how the character's moral boundaries are being loosened. He's still stuck in pre-zombie-apocaplyse Rick mode.

What do people think of Andrew Lincoln's portrayal of Rick?
    For me he isn't quite convincing. The Rick from the comics slowly adapted to a world filled with zombies and won't hesitate to do what needs to be done even though it wouldn't quite square with his previous life as a cop.
    It may be to do with the way the character is written for the TV show or it may just be Lincoln's performance but he hasn't really portrayed how the character's moral boundaries are being loosened. He's still stuck in pre-zombie-apocaplyse Rick mode.

He has adapted a bit more this season but not majorly, look at how he killed the two walkers that chased Sophia. He was nearly smiling bashing their heads in with a rock compared to last season where he had a bit more compassion for walkers and killed to put them out of their misery almost. He hesitated over Dale but dealt with Shane, he seems to be slowly adapting to a world where morals don't really mean much.. I'm still a Daryl fan, the man gets things done, can't argue with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daryl is best character on the show closely followed by the zombies :p

It is a shame that Shane was killed off he made season 2 better, tolerable and watchable for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SpionJoe

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    just watched episode 12 season 2....my god this show is going slow.It is good, but they waste soooo much time on talking about absolute crap! Rick's wife is a dope, hope she's the next one to go...she gives nothing to the show apart from being a boring oul bolox!

Probably the greatest description I have read about Lori....:D Quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what ya think of the turning into zombie flashes? that was wierd.

why would you have visions of zombies eating you, when turning into a zombie when that's not how you went.

yeah, I didnt like it at all

didnt they do the same for.. grave digger mc future seeing guy in season 1? seem to remember him having similar "visions" after he'd been bitten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Riskymove wrote: »
    agreed

what's next...flying zombies?

I wanna to see that film!

Shame Flight of the Living Dead is already taken. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Why do they have to have them talking absolute horrible dialogue for 20 minutes before something actually happens? I know some people will say they can't always just have action and zombies,I'm not asking for that. But that first 20mins was so bloody boring,the conversations between the characters were so badly written and I just didn't care.

Later with the Rick and Shane stand off there is some more dialogue but in this case it was done well and it was tense,why can't the dialogue be like that all the time. First 20 mins I actually nearly fell asleep,not due to lack of action,but just to bad character interaction and dialogue. Some very shocking writing.

Also at the end zombie shane is making some serious noise yet Rick is unable to hear him somehow and Carl being the annoying little moron that he is can't seem to say "look out behind you".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

probably just killed off the best character in the show imo . somebody new to the cast has big boots to fill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maybe Carl was actually thinking about killing Rick?

ricero wrote: »
    probably just killed off the best character in the show imo . somebody new to the cast has big boots to fill

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Michonne_%28TV_Series%29

Shane was good for the show but in the end he just annoyed the ****e out of me.Whats with that stupid look he does every time he's been given out to or been told something emotional....looks like he's being interfered with!

just read some supposed spoilers for next week

im actually looking forward to a walking dead episode, wouldn't have seen this coming when the season started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

DyldeBrill wrote: »

This week, I watched the Bruce Willis edit. I skipped past the 'chuffa'. Cuts the watch time in half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I too have read the spoiler for next week.

holleeeee sheeet, its gonna be awesome

• Advertisement

I'm going to try to avoid all the spoilers and make the season finale a surprise.

Advertisement