Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Of course the prison with its fences would seem alot safer if they hadn't already established ....

THE CLIMBING DEAD

climbingdead.png

But I guess they are kinda hoping people forget about that bit.

Both Robert Kirkman and Glenn Mazarra have been asked in interviews about that scene with the 2 climbing zombies and have said it was a complete cock-up ..... which i suppose is a better answer than trying to say they can climb some things and not others! they just messed up plain and simple. Zombies can't climb.

briany wrote: »
    People are questioning the logic of a lot the actions undertaken in this episode but if the characters in this show took reasonable and sensible action in the times when sh*t hit the fan, there wouldn't have been much to see on the farm hence not much action for the finale, and that applies to 90 percent of all horror.

Plus a point always worth remembering is we're the viewer getting the full picture; the characters just see a herd of zombies coming their way. What they did, i think, is not too illogical, to try kill as many as possible, coral them into an area so a clear escape route became possible.

An example that comes to mind would be 9/11 and the Twin Tower collapse. Looking on from a tv screen in Dublin my instinct was everyone get the hell away from the area. Yet people in the 2nd Tower were initially told to remain calm and where they were.

Sometimes things evolve and change so quickly in a disaster that logic goes out the window. It's easy for us to say conserve your ammo or get in the cars quicker but for the characters they made split-second decisions and IMO did very little that was wildly illogical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Zombies can't climb.

Eh, they can if the writers make them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭briany

Plus a point always worth remembering is we're the viewer getting the full picture; the characters just see a herd of zombies coming their way. What they did, i think, is not too illogical, to try kill as many as possible, coral them into an area so a clear escape route became possible.

An example that comes to mind would be 9/11 and the Twin Tower collapse. Looking on from a tv screen in Dublin my instinct was everyone get the hell away from the area. Yet people in the 2nd Tower were initially told to remain calm and where they were.

Sometimes things evolve and change so quickly in a disaster that logic goes out the window. It's easy for us to say conserve your ammo or get in the cars quicker but for the characters they made split-second decisions and IMO did very little that was wildly illogical.

Because they were reacting almost moment to moment, panicking somewhat, I can see why they did what they did in short period of time but they were essentially winging it. The problem with that is these people have been holed up on a fairly defenseless farm for the 2 or 3 weeks and apparently made no effort toward a focused contingency plan in the event of any kind of attack in spite of the knowledge, from the previous encounter on the highway, that zombie herds were on the move. Instead, they chose to sit around and bicker about things that are relatively trivial in comparison to the zombie apocalypse and that is pretty senseless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Oh yea, what the **** was the guy in the Rv thinking when he opened the door and got himself ate. That's lazy writing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Was he not parking in front of a door, blocking some walkers from getting out, then going for the roof hatch?

That's how I saw it anyway, maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hygro wrote: »
    I think that the baby will have the cure in its blood and that's how the show will end :D

Christ, leave the comic spoilers out of this thread please, I though that spoiler was for last night's show, thanks a lot :mad:

I know they took book discussion out of the game of thrones tv thread, same should be done here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Augmerson wrote: »
    Sorry for double posting but...if Rick doesn't want to lead, I'd vote Darryl. That chap is ****ing badass. Can read a situation very well. Excellent hunting and survival instincts. Deadeye with almost any weapon it seems. Genuinely cares about the group too.

Nahhh he's just making sure Rick stays alive so when he finds Merle they can go 'deliverance' on his country as$!! :D

Daryl is the best character so far,i reckon he'll be impressed with Michonne when they meet up! ........ although I dare say he'll like her pets much.

I read somewhere that she keeps them on chains as a warning to other walkers :confused: I dont get that,can fans of the comics shed any light on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Don't worry about it, it probably won't happen, the comics don't follow the show extensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Nahhh he's just making sure Rick stays alive so when he finds Merle they can go 'deliverance' on his country as$!! :D

Daryl is the best character so far,i reckon he'll be impressed with Michonne when they meet up! ........ although I dare say he'll like her pets much.

I read somewhere that she keeps them on chains as a warning to other walkers :confused: I dont get that,can fans of the comics shed any light on this?
    She keeps them to hide her scent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

ShaneU wrote: »
    Christ, leave the comic spoilers out of this thread please, I though that spoiler was for last night's show, thanks a lot :mad:

I know they took book discussion out of the game of thrones tv thread, same should be done here.

The difference there is that Game of Thrones sticks very close to the source novels whereas Walking dead doesn't , so comic spoilers wont necessarily come to pass .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Was quite surprised Herschel survived the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

The word 'Spoiler' should be enough of a detterant not to highlight the text if you dont want to know about it,no use crying foul or 'i thought it was for .....' , If you dont want to find out something before seeing it then avoid the spoilers as a rule of thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EarlERizer wrote: »
    The word 'Spoiler' should be enough of a detterant not to highlight the text if you dont want to know about it,no use crying foul or 'i thought it was for .....' , If you dont want to find out something before seeing it then avoid the spoilers as a rule of thumb.
    This is the television forum, I have watched the latest episode so I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers, that's the rule of thumb. If you want to discuss the comics there's a forum for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

ShaneU wrote: »
    This is the televison thread, I have watched the latest episode so I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers, that's the rule of thumb. If you want to discuss the comics there's a forum for that

Its a spoiler for anybody with any intention of reading the comics alright , but being that this show has diverged from the comics in everything but character name's and locations I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it , might never happen .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What's the story with the helicopter, we've seen it before, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Hygro wrote: »
    So, has anyone here read the graphic novels (like myself) and think that the show is actually better?

Well I don't. The show has the advantage of correcting things that Kirkman thought were a mistake to do in the book like
    ditching Rick's hand
    or bring in new ways of doing the same idea but the inconsistent characterisations in the show drag it down.

I'm hoping the problems of this season were caused by the switchover from Darabont to Mazzara and things have settled for season three. If Lori, for example, keeps switching her personality there'll be no excuse for it. Other shows don't have this problem.

Is T-Dog still around just so he's there for when Merle resurfaces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys please don't spoil future comic deaths for people watching the TV show. It's not fair to spoil some of the potential surprises coming up (even in spoiler tags). Cheers....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ridley wrote: »

Is T-Dog still around just so he's there for when Merle resurfaces?

I think so. He doesn't have many lines or camera time, that says dead man walking to me. Wouldn't be terribly sad to see him go but in fairness the character depth is fairly shallow, too much time has been spent fussing about the Lori/Rick/Shane love triangle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Black Oil wrote: »

i think it was just tying the group of zombies at the farm to the zombies in atlanta when rick saw that helicopter

granted I thought that was a bit ****, im sure there's plenty of other zombies out there they don't have to be old friends but I doubt it actually meant anything other than reminding the viewer of the first ep in atlanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Pretty good ending, although there was so much going on that it was difficult to find any real peaks in tension. I think Jimmy's death was meant to be Dale's, it would've made more sense for him to go that way. One the subject of Andrea and Michonne and where they are, maybe
    they will introduce the Governor into the series, given what goes on between Michonne and the Governor and the fact <SNIP>, I think the show might go the easier route and bring Andrea and Michonne to that settlement, then somehow get them to the prison(maybe they'll see another of Lori's crashed cars nearby)

I find it frightening that even in cars, all of these people are capable of consistent headshots though.

you might wanna edit those comic book spoilers out before someone rips your eye out and feeds it to your cat

briany wrote: »
    Because they were reacting almost moment to moment, panicking somewhat, I can see why they did what they did in short period of time but they were essentially winging it. The problem with that is these people have been holed up on a fairly defenseless farm for the 2 or 3 weeks and apparently made no effort toward a focused contingency plan in the event of any kind of attack in spite of the knowledge, from the previous encounter on the highway, that zombie herds were on the move. Instead, they chose to sit around and bicker about things that are relatively trivial in comparison to the zombie apocalypse and that is pretty senseless.

Yeah but that's pretty much human nature. Contingency is great in theory....People do fire drills in workplaces etc all the time, nice orderly queue of people calmly walking to fire exits. Yet in a quick spreading fire that goes out the window and it's a stampede for the exit, that's if they can even remember where the exits are!!!

Same with the Italian cruise ship that sank....i'm sure the crew had evacuation drills but when push came to shove it descended into chaos. It's just human nature to panic, our bodies are designed to release incredible amounts of adrenaline in those situations and it's hard to keep a calm head!

Logically speaking, though it wouldnt have made for good tv, they should have got some human bait like Daryll on his bike and got the herd well away from the farm and holded up in the basement.

Logically speaking, though it wouldnt have made for good tv, they should have got some human bait like Daryll on his bike and got the herd well away from the farm and holded up in the basement.

Sounds like a good idea but, if it went wrong, you'd be finished. There were hundreds of Walkers that night. You would get trapped down there and eventually they would rip through. Even if you held them out, you'd run out of food, possibly water. And if someone died down there, they'd come back :(

you might wanna edit those comic book spoilers out before someone rips your eye out and feeds it to your cat

Editing a spoiler seems sort of pointless, maybe I should've clarified they were comic ones. It did happen 6 years ago though.

• Advertisement

Also, last cat I had was killed by my neighbour, so come at me, everybody.

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    Also, last cat I had was killed by my neighbour, so come at me, everybody.

I'll send my Cat after you then...

leopard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

class finale !

:D

i was a bit worried they'd cheap out on the herd , and it did look a bit ropey to begin with. but using judicious shots it looked bulked up considerably by the end.

i dont really get why they had to link it to the zombies from atlanta though.

ok it sets up the notion that the zombies are moving out of cities to get more fresh meat but it still looks like a hell of a coincidence that they end up at the farm.

far more likely theyd just be people from the freeway or randomly accumulated groups.

still niggly things like that aside they did a great job on it. the barn in particular was fantastic. i think they CGI'd some of those characters on fire but it was done so well ive an element of doubt it wasnt actually the real deal in places too. the scene where rick opens the barndoor and lurse them in was just PURE joy to me.

they most definetly seemed to have blown the series budget on that finale and hell it looked fantastic. i know the scene with andrea in the forrest looked a little cliche but i think it was more about showing the sheer numbers after her. theres only so long anyone can run before they either collapes from exaustion or run out of bullets - and STILL be left facing a hell of alot of zombies.

something they did quite well with herschel too.

you could see realisation dawning that the scale of what he was facing was beyond anything he planned for and the look of saddness as he gazed out the back window of the car really captured what he lost.

BEST thing in the episode though is daryl.

man IMO he's just so much more cooler in this show than the comic !

Ive a feeling he's gonna be getting in ricks face a bit in the next season as he's lost the plot over what he's had to do with shane and the sheer desperation of their prediciment. with dale gone we need a voice of reason and daryl cares alot more than he lets on.

with michonne coming in (and how well done was her "pets" ! :) ) and the last shot of the prison season 3 cant come soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

well now - eff it - I'm going to have to buy this on DVD aren't I!!!!

Ok so to recap it looks as if we're now certain of 2 things:

1. No matter what, when you die you return as a walker

2. If you are bitten, it accelerates the infection like blood poisoning, you get the fever, die and return as a walker.

That would lead you to believe that the human immune system does fight the virus. And perhaps it is treatable, if not curable. So perhaps future bites may not necessitate death/turning.

The scale of the zombie population is another thing to consider:

2.5 million people died in the U.S. in 2010. Various causes. If the timeline is accurate, or even as a guess, if it's been close to a year in total, then we're looking at a couple million naturally dead walkers. Maybe multiply that 40 fold factoring in death by bites. I suppose the zombie "army" across the U.S. would be about 60-100 million.

Considering the herd mentality of the walkers, surely a containment strategy would be to coral them into city areas with thousands of snipers lining rooftops and mass executions, then anybody who dies of natural causes or otherwise be put down after death.

I know it's fiction and tv, but i wonder why the actual army decided to firebomb vast areas as a way of containment, maybe they know as little as our heroes know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

BEST thing in the episode though is daryl.

man IMO he's just so much more cooler in this show than the comic !
    Maybe so, it's hard to tell though considering that he's not in the comic. :pac:

IMHO the best arc in the comic relates to the prison and all that happens to them while there. So, in theory, series 3 should be f***ing incredible.

/me thinks back to start of series 2 and instantly lowers expectations

i think that comes down to a numbers thing man.

think about it not only would you need all those troops , you'd need a hell of alot of bullets for them too.

which you'd have to deliver on a regular basis through supplie drops or some such.

i wiki'd the stats for the number of active troops the US have (probably have a red flag gone off for that one :) ) and its 9.3 per thousand of the population.

and thats if you include the reserves !

active and it drops to 4.7.

so your talking a hell of bullets .

far easier to just firebomb the place. as you said they probably didnt have a clue about headshots doing the job so if you want it done quick because you still think you have a shot at stopping the spread of the infection then firebombing is the quickest way besides nukes.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Maybe so, it's hard to tell though considering that he's not in the comic. :pac:

coulda sworn he was in it ?

been that long since i read the trades plus
    characters dont last that long in em :) ! thought he bougt the farm at the prison ?

Ok so to recap it looks as if we're now certain of 2 things:

1. No matter what, when you die you return as a walker

2. If you are bitten, it accelerates the infection like blood poisoning, you get the fever, die and return as a walker.

That would lead you to believe that the human immune system does fight the virus. And perhaps it is treatable, if not curable. So perhaps future bites may not necessitate death/turning.

The scale of the zombie population is another thing to consider:

2.5 million people died in the U.S. in 2010. Various causes. If the timeline is accurate, or even as a guess, if it's been close to a year in total, then we're looking at a couple million naturally dead walkers. Maybe multiply that 40 fold factoring in death by bites. I suppose the zombie "army" across the U.S. would be about 60-100 million.

Considering the herd mentality of the walkers, surely a containment strategy would be to coral them into city areas with thousands of snipers lining rooftops and mass executions, then anybody who dies of natural causes or otherwise be put down after death.

I know it's fiction and tv, but i wonder why the actual army decided to firebomb vast areas as a way of containment, maybe they know as little as our heroes know.
    Sure, we were unprepared, our tools, our training, everything I just talked about, all one class-A, gold-standard cluster****, but the weapon that really failed wasn’t something that rolled off an assembly line. It’s as old as…I don’t know, I guess as old as war. It’s fear, dude, just fear and you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day... “Shock and Awe”? Perfect name, “Shock and Awe”! But what if the enemy can’t be shocked and awed? Not just won’t, but biologically can’t! That’s what happened that day outside New York City, that’s the failure that almost lost us the whole damn war. The fact that we couldn’t shock and awe Zack boomeranged right back in our faces and actually allowed Zack to shock and awe us! They’re not afraid! No matter what we do, no matter how many we kill, they will never, ever be afraid!

imagine having to fight an army where you had to kill every single soldier before you could declare victory? and where every friendly casualty increased their ranks while it decreased yours? no army on the planet would be able for that.
    if it actually happened in real life, we'd probably stand more of a chance as we have so much zombie fiction that "shoot them in the head" is so well known, the problem wouldn't have time to reach any sort of tipping point. But in a world without zombie fiction where it would take time for people to realise and get the word out how best to neutralise the threat, it would probably already be "too late" before any sort of defense could be mounted.

imagine having to fight an army where you had to kill every single soldier before you could declare victory? and where every friendly casualty increased their ranks while it decreased yours? no army on the planet would be able for that.
    if it actually happened in real life, we'd probably stand more of a chance as we have so much zombie fiction that "shoot them in the head" is so well known, the problem wouldn't have time to reach any sort of tipping point. But in a world without zombie fiction where it would take time for people to realise and get the word out how best to neutralise the threat, it would probably already be "too late" before any sort of defense could be mounted.

true, good point, i suppose im coming at it from a perspective where we know the head shot kills.....

By the way, just regarding the intro to the Finale....i dont think the point about the herd coming from the city was the relevant part. It's that there was a helicopter overhead. We weren't certain if he was hallucinating or did he hear it......they then followed the helicopter and gained masses of numbers en route to the farm.

Point being that someone out there still has helicopter/flight capabilities, whether it's the army or civilian, it points to some sort of organised civilisation still out there. Somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Great finale:) I was actually shouting at the tv for hershel to get out of the way:p Hershel is such a good character, I didnt like him at the start but now I hope he and Maggie never die. Im glad those other two died, leaves more room for other characters to develop. I hope they develop tdog too now.
    Michonne:D
    Prison:D
    Lori:rolleyes: god,I used to kind of defend her character and actually didnt mind her but now...ugh..her reaction...I HATE HER!
    Daryl is awesome! Liked rick in that episode too :)
    Andrea was pretty cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

This guy who writes a really funny blog about the walking dead writes about what happened in that part of the last episode between rick and lori.:D
    ''Rick needs to gather his thoughts. He is followed by his loving wife and the mother of his child, Lori. Without any real prompting, he launches right into how he killed Shane after being lured into the woods in a surprise ambush and having his friend point a gun in his face. Hearing this news, does Lori, who not two days earlier had warned her husband that Shane was a dangerous lunatic, go to her husband and embrace him and apologize for ever cuckolding him with Shane in the first place, and attempt to provide whatever small comfort she have in the face of this horrible, traumatic event? Does she reassure him that he acted in self-defense against a monster who she raw-dogged in the woods and thank him for being brave in the face of unspeakable evil? No. She gags and then pushes him away. Welp! It’s official! The word “hate” no longer describes how I feel about Lori!''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

watched season 1 was like meh then i started watching this online practically watched the whole season 2 in like two days . hate lorri self centred bitch shane was a nightmare love andrea so happy she escaped . looking forward to season 3 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Black Oil wrote: »

The way I see it was that the chopper was the same one Rick saw in the very first ep. And that's what got the city zombies attention and the reason why they started walking in *that* direction. They kept going that way until they were in the woods and heard the gun shot that killed Shane. The reason none of the other shots attracted them is because they were not close enough.

I thought the final ep was good but had a lot of flaws, the biggest of which was Lori. Her reaction to Rick's confession of what happened with Shane when only days ago she was practically telling him Shane will only kill him first when he gets a chance. and then her declaration... "WHERE IS CARL?!" That was beyond ridiculous.

The guy in the RV opening the door, though at first I thought, oh christ, why would you do that, but upon reflection, that door opens out, was he maybe going to open the roof hatch to open it for Karl and Rick, when the door opened and he got over whelmed?

Loved Michonne, Loved the prison, really got me excited for S3, which I thought was gonna be impossible after the dire S2.

• Advertisement

yeah chopper was defo the same one Rick saw ... sure weren't they still gnawing on the horse in the opening scene :)

Lori felt sick for the fact that she basically made Rick kill Shane, I think in her chat to Rick she meant for him to just give Shane a hiding and to knock him back into line. The fact that he ended up killing him because of her (and into the bargain Carl shooting his walking corpse) was too much for her and she just couldn't hack it.

I'm probably the only person in this forum (or perhaps the world) who actually likes Lori :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As was pointed out, Lori didn't actually get angry until she heard Carl shot zombie Shane. So she wasn't angry that Rick killed Shane, I think she was angry because Carl has now killed. Of course neither the fact that it's her bad parenting that led to him being there or the fact he actually saved Rick's life by killing Shane come into play. She's just finding ways to be hated.
    So no matter what way you look at it, she just acted the -itch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

my predictions for season 3 is that rick will want to go back to the farm give his friend a decent burial, Daryl will come with him find Andrea's tracks and find her and sword woman

I think that they're gonna make Carol a bigger pain in the ass than (to most people, but not to me :D) Lori is in season 3.

I mean in one minute she went from being quiet to being a complete nag.

God, kill her quickly, couldn't stand for her simpering ... whimpering and weak annoying characters are my pet hate and I'm hoping some walker will be picking at her bones sooner rather than later :D

i was leaning on the "carl had to kill him" side of things for lori's reaction, with a smidgeon of "does she still have feelings for shane" after the whole attempt to make up with him last episode.

but yeah it was jarring considering it was HER idea a few episodes ago to put him down.

TBH i dont hate lori, but i am surprised theres not loads of meme's out there like were done for dale that ask :

"where's carl ?"

" well he's never near YOU"

:D

that whole "the gaffs surrounded by a horde of zombies , so lets go look for him in the house we were just in again when he's patently not there" was the silliest thing in the episode.

i actually quite like carl.

he's becoming a bit of a bollock. and i mean that in the way he's adapting to the zombie world.

i mean he put down shane and hasnt a bother with it. he took it harder when he heard rick give his speech about being the one who killed him to begin with so clearly he's got a better grasp on things than lori who just wants to smother him which ironically is more likely to get him killed.

i know he does some peoples head in but i like the guy as this is his world now so he better fecking adapt which is why i think he keeps sneeking out as he's got to deal with it sooner or later.

i mean he got to torch a barn load of zombie !

thats gotta be worth something on the bad ass stakes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If the walkers are attracted to noise, why didn't they just get one person to slowly drive off the farm and down the road beeping their horn? Take them a few miles away and then speed off.

Also I love how the blonde one runs through the forest for a few hours (it's bright when we see her) and yet the walkers are still right behind her. I know they can shamble at a fair tilt but 60 seconds of fast running and you'd be long gone, they wouldn't have a clue which direction to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

yeah i thought it as good that the showed how you could only run away from zombies for so long.

on a slightly related note
    when daryl or whatever his name is was escaping with.. shaved head woman on his motorbike, we see from their POV that he's navigating through a pitch black night using the headlights to see through the black and fog
    then the camera cuts to outside his POV and there's a bloody bright clue sky clearly above him

not a big issue, but it did make me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Anyone know if there are any gifs around of T-Dog's awkward u-turn into the ditch? It made me burst out laughing when watching and I still smile when thinking about it. The fact that it was T-Dog just made it even more hilarious.

Second half of the season was so much improved. I'll forgive stuff like Hershel's infinite ammo and everyone's insane headshots when it's just so entertaining to watch. Season 3 should be fantastic, I like where they're going with Rick.

One character that really grates (aside from Lori obviously) is Sophia's mother. She does absolutely nothing except mope around and then has the nerve to undermine Rick, even after she went running to him when Carl made a bad comment about religion. How is she still alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭uptherebels

If the walkers are attracted to noise, why didn't they just get one person to slowly drive off the farm and down the road beeping their horn? Take them a few miles away and then speed off.

Also I love how the blonde one runs through the forest for a few hours (it's bright when we see her) and yet the walkers are still right behind her. I know they can shamble at a fair tilt but 60 seconds of fast running and you'd be long gone, they wouldn't have a clue which direction to go.
    ya but i think the forrest is full of them iirc there was some of them in front of her as she is running.
    the herd could have been spread over miles in the woods.
    so while she outruns them she runs into more.

Advertisement