Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl biker gear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

Is there a decent quality-value ratio in Lidl gear? I wouldn't go near them for, e.g. running gear, as the fit / quality is always lower than most branded items. But I'm a bike newbie and don't know the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Base layer top and bottoms are great. Socks are also great.

Would not buy anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The aldi socks are far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

was looking at buying the disk lock. are they any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

disc lock are surprisingly good, the girlfriend had one on her bandit a good few years ago and 3 scum bags tried to steal it from her parking lot at work, they have them on cctv beating on the disc lock with a hammer and chisel for 15 min and they couldn't get it off, so finally they decided to load it up in the back of a hire van. Luckily her and her workmates had just came out for lunch and noticed the bike was gone, they seen the van in the parking lot so she went up and asked them if they seen anything, of course they seen nothing, so she opened the back of the van and there was the bike, the other 2 girls she was with ran to the front of the car park and locked the gate so they couldn't go anywhere. gaurds came and arrested 2 of them. Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm tempted to get some of this gear myself.

Currently I have the Aldi biker socks which are lovely, the Aldi jacket which I can't fault and I have the Lidl gloves which have been great so far(once you don't pull the inners out of them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Base layer top and bottoms are great. Socks are also great.

Would not buy anything else.

All their gear is fine, it has to pass Garman TuV standards. A friend who works as a courier wears them all the time and the waterproofs usually keep water out longer then most brands.

The only thing I wouldn't buy off them is their lids, but that's more to do with handling then quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for these disk locks forever. Picked up one in Lidl Moore st, there's a couple of more left there. Great value for 10.00 - it comes with a pouch and reminder cable. Also picked up a pair of gloves.

Over all this looks like they are just shifting left over stuff from the previous bike specials. There isn't much stock.

PS: Anyone know if their leather trousers are any good? It's not cheap at 79 euros, but it looks alright in it's pack.

I picked up the leather jacket and I do like it, but it just doesnt fit me too well. Only size they had was L.

Definitely just left over stock because of the lack of stock levels.

My biggest reserve with the leather throusers (and any throuser for the matter) is that they lack the hip protection that my current ones have. I'm just dreading an off where I land heavily on my side and do a little slide with no hip protection.

Maybe I'm being silly. Because the leathers will stop any skin rash and if you have them nice and tight they wont slide down off your hips. The hip padding probably doesn't do much in the way of reducing impact? maybe..

Just my 2cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I was hoping they would help me to be more successful with the ladies.

Can anyone advise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

peckerhead wrote: »
    I was hoping they would help me to be more successful with the ladies.

Can anyone advise?

Not the ladies ,but Gay male bikers will cast hungry eyes over you .:D

Have a Gay day !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lucky bag time of the year again. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

Bought the disc lock .Doesn't fit the disc.
    Dick too long for the depth of the lock if that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

defike wrote: »
    Dick too long
    Freudian slip perhaps?:D
    Can the pin not go through one of the vent holes or are your discs unvented?

A slip alright.
    Disc vented but holes too small.

A slip alright.
    Disc vented but holes too small.

Thats a problem with your disk rather than the lock.

You don't say.

You don't say.

You are the one with holes to small for your dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Anyone know if any Lidl in the South/South East still has any bike gear in stock?

The lock and the socks would be great.

I've got a lock for sale.

• Advertisement

Okay..

Very weird post. Care to link us to your adverts.ie advert for your lock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Okay..

Very weird post. Care to link us to your adverts.ie advert for your lock?

I presume it is the disk lock that he just bought from Lidls that doesn't fit his bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Anyone know if any Lidl in the South/South East still has any bike gear in stock?

The lock and the socks would be great.
    I was in the Lidl in WAterford, out near Superquinn on Monday evening, and there was a good bit of stuff left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah i got the lock from lidl and it seems to be just grand, fits my bike like a glove......fits a hand.

Advertisement