Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting ranges

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Anyone know of any shooting ranges near Ballinasloe, Galway where I can fire my .223?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

The closest to you would be MNSCI.
    It would be around 40-50mins from Ballinasloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dev110 wrote: »
    The closest to you would be MNSCI.
    It would be around 40-50mins from Ballinasloe.

25 mins if you head from Ballinasloe via shannonbridge cloughan Boora

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rmnrgn

The problem with Blueball is you have to be a member (600 euro membership) or be invited by a member. As you are not a member you probably don't know any members..........its a vicious circle. I can't find anywhere to practice with a centrefire during the lean months from Feb to Sept.

rmnrgn wrote: »
    The problem with Blueball is you have to be a member (600 euro membership) or be invited by a member. As you are not a member you probably don't know any members..........its a vicious circle. I can't find anywhere to practice with a centrefire during the lean months from Feb to Sept.

Befriend a member! Lots of them on here ;)

2 guys I signed in over the years liked it so much they become members!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

rmnrgn wrote: »
    The problem with Blueball is you have to be a member (600 euro membership) or be invited by a member. As you are not a member you probably don't know any members..........its a vicious circle.

Thats for the first year ONLY. Its €295 per year after that. Thats not much help now i realise, but there are not alot of centrefire rated ranges in the country and none with the facilities of the midlands, and definitely not for the price of the midlands.

Day memberships are not permitted anymore on ANY range so its a vicious circle all over the country.

If the OP is looking for a range to be a continuous member then the midlands would be the best one. If not there are not many options open unless you have access to land where you could zero your rifle, but we all know the grey areas involved in the whole "Zeroing -vs - Target shooting debate, and i won't derail the thread by going into that now.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Ask Galway Elvis
    He is a member and from Galway

1 thing I have learned from Boards.ie over the years you could be talking with your nearest neighbours without realising.

Perhaps ask the Question, any MNSCI Members from Balinasloe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Ezridax wrote: »
    ..............Its €285 per year after that......

Some of us mere mortals paid €295 :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Fat fingers :o.

Post amended.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement