Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to the sunny south east??

• 18-07-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Do you remember when we had good summers?? Older listeners might not remember :-/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

decies wrote: »
    Do you remember when we had good summers?? Older listeners might not remember :-/

Bus to Tramore.. Rockpools lookin for crabs, hang & sand blaas on the beach before a little white tray of vinegar with the odd chip.

Sun.. I remember it well :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ah yes remember the good old days when things were better....otherwise known as "Nostalgia heroin" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

New potatoes tasted better . Remember the heatwave mid 80/s fellas were going around the houses selling large bottles of lemonade .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Butterflies especially the Red Admiral were everywhere ... Needed a Fly-catcher too .

Summer is Just not summer anymore .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

We always had crap weather interspersed with a few weeks of good weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

1995 was the last good Summer I can remember. A generation ago! Was in my very early 20's back then... hurtling towards 4-0 now. How time flies! If you want sunshine emigrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Ah yes, I remember when I used to take the train to Tramore. Ah the good 'ol days. When a 99 would actually cost 99p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/\ That post makes even me feel young! /\

*jumpers for goalposts* sniff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

apparently its all part of the IMF bailout terms.. any countries in the eurozone that dont want clouds and rain have been green lighted to switch on massive fans to blow them over here..

Its the new thing! everyone's doing it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

And where are all the Swifts gone? I remember playing on the street in Lisduggan and there was always of bunch of them flying down the road sreeching their heads off.

• Advertisement

If you were an African swift would you be here for summer?

My back garden is full of birds but I dunno what they are. Starlings, Thrushes and Tits mainly I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Heathen wrote: »
    apparently its all part of the IMF bailout terms.. any countries in the eurozone that dont want clouds and rain have been green lighted to switch on massive fans to blow them over here..

Its the new thing! everyone's doing it!! ;)

That explains it so.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Yeah the summers of old......when the Spanish students mixed with the locals. We'd always get off with them, they were gorgeous - that didnt go down to well with the local girls.

We couldn't wait for them to get here and were often left heartbroken when they went home.

Oh to be young again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Read someplace that Irelands climate including the sunny south east is good for on average about 5-6 weeks of sunny weather all year. If you go back over the records that's what you will see. We all seem to have it in our heads we have a better climate than this.

Heard Tom Dunne saying it would be 4 degrees this week. That's just fecking stupid

Overnight! (things are bad but not that bad)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

You used to be woken up be a rogue wasp in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    And where are all the Swifts gone? I remember playing on the street in Lisduggan and there was always of bunch of them flying down the road sreeching their heads off.

Are you talking about the bird or a family called the swifts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

decies wrote: »
    You used to be woken up be a rogue wasp in the morning.

Yeah that would be your mother/wife/girlfriend! (Delete as appropriate)
    .... although some people may not be able/want to distinguish between
    the three! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I'm a bit disappointed with this thread.

Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

... have to say that as an Aussie living here I despair of the summers but last year was great I reckon. As for 2011, it's a very sad state of affairs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ah the sunny south east
    or as i know like to call it......spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

jayboi wrote: »
    Are you talking about the bird or a family called the swifts?

The common swift. They migrate come here from Africa and go back in the Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    The common swift. They migrate come here from Africa and go back in the Autumn.

Ah yea I know them I think they're living out in larchville now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Yeah the summers of old......when the Spanish students mixed with the locals. We'd always get off with them, they were gorgeous - that didnt go down to well with the local girls.

We couldn't wait for them to get here and were often left heartbroken when they went home.

Oh to be young again.
    How well did they go down with the local boy´s.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

mike65 wrote: »
    If you were an African swift would you be here for summer?

My back garden is full of birds but I dunno what they are. Starlings, Thrushes and Tits mainly I think.

I'd be thrilled if my back garden was filled with tits!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

How well did they go down with the local boy´s.:P

A long way:cool:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

old gregg wrote: »
    ... have to say that as an Aussie living here I despair of the summers but last year was great I reckon. As for 2011, it's a very sad state of affairs :(

as a deiseman living in sydney , you are not missing much , yesterday was the wettest day in 23 years and today was a washout also !!

Advertisement