Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnected feeling from soul

• 18-07-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I hope I can explain this properly. My almost 12yr old boy had a conversation this morning which he seems very clear about. He said that since we were on holidays last year he does not feel himself. He's says he feels like he cannot control himself as in his physical movements and it is as if he is looking into his life rather than controlling it. He also said that he is in control of his emotions and feelings but nothing else. He has asked me questions before about if something outside of our body can control our souls. He said it is a strange feeling but that he zones out regularly and has to remind himself to zone back in and that 'this is life' although it feels strange to him and he is not as comfortable with it as he used to be. I have asked him if he wold like to talk to someone about it and he said no he would like me to help him to get his soul back. He needs reconnecting his soul and his body.

I do grounding with when I feel he needs it and he has asked I use reiki on him to get his soul back. Any suggestions? Should I do a soul healing or should I try some other route? I do think he is expressing himself as he feels it. The conversation was very spontaneous and completely unprovoked by any thing we had been doing this morning. We were in the car on the way to summer camp. After he left I asked his brother (1 yr younger) what he thought of the conversation and he said 'It's simple....he's either on drugs or he is completely mad' I am sure it did all sound strange to him. ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi ChokuRay,
    I can understand how distressing this must be for you as a parent and as a parent I know how much you want to help your child. It sounds to me that you need the assistance of a Shamanic Practitioner who can help your son reclaim his missing soul part.

It is more common than you'd think, so don't be alarmed as many of us experience this at some stage in our lives. Doing grounding exercises with him is a very good idea and it will feel like he has some control over what is going on. Do you know of a Shamanic Practitioner in your area?

Blessings
    AngelLight

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ChoKuRay

Thanks. Actually I am not stressed by this at all. I do not worry about it as it is his journey and as he is not stressing himself why should I? I am a Reiki Master and I don't even feel guided to do a soul healing on him. I may at some time. I believe he is on a journey of enlightenment and it is possible that his mind and his body are at different stages. I am just not sure if I should be helping him at all except with support of course. I will keep doing grounding with him as I believe it is needed at the moment and he asks to do it so he is seeking it himself.

I suppose I am just not 100% sure what it is he is experiencing. I dont know of any shamanic practitioners around. I do know a shamanic healer I could mail and get an opinion from I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi again,
    It is a tricky one as you say because what he is experiencing could be part of his journey and as he is 12 this is a difficult time of adjustment for any child. You said he felt different after a holiday last year, so look back at that time. Soul healing is very different to soul retrieval. I am a Reiki Master practitioner and have studied many other healing modalities as part of my journey. Your son is fortunate to have a parent who is guiding him on his path others aren't as forutunate. Hopefully he will be fine and learn many things from this part of his journey.
    Blessings
    AngelLight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Hi Chokuray, As your son has asked for Reiki Healing I'd keep channelling to him and let the energy do the work. When someone is that open to receiving as you know wonderful things happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    I hope I can explain this properly. My almost 12yr old boy had a conversation this morning which he seems very clear about. He said that since we were on holidays last year he does not feel himself. He's says he feels like he cannot control himself as in his physical movements and it is as if he is looking into his life rather than controlling it. He also said that he is in control of his emotions and feelings but nothing else. He has asked me questions before about if something outside of our body can control our souls. He said it is a strange feeling but that he zones out regularly and has to remind himself to zone back in and that 'this is life' although it feels strange to him and he is not as comfortable with it as he used to be. I have asked him if he wold like to talk to someone about it and he said no he would like me to help him to get his soul back. He needs reconnecting his soul and his body.

I do grounding with when I feel he needs it and he has asked I use reiki on him to get his soul back. Any suggestions? Should I do a soul healing or should I try some other route? I do think he is expressing himself as he feels it. The conversation was very spontaneous and completely unprovoked by any thing we had been doing this morning. We were in the car on the way to summer camp. After he left I asked his brother (1 yr younger) what he thought of the conversation and he said 'It's simple....he's either on drugs or he is completely mad' I am sure it did all sound strange to him. ;-)

Forget this hocus pocus. Bring him to a GP you are concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Take your child to a doctor.

This should be concerning you much more than it seems to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Omentum

Do what you think is right as his parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

AngelLight wrote: »
    Hi again,
    It is a tricky one as you say because what he is experiencing could be part of his journey and as he is 12 this is a difficult time of adjustment for any child. You said he felt different after a holiday last year, so look back at that time. Soul healing is very different to soul retrieval. I am a Reiki Master practitioner and have studied many other healing modalities as part of my journey. Your son is fortunate to have a parent who is guiding him on his path others aren't as forutunate. Hopefully he will be fine and learn many things from this part of his journey.
    Blessings
    AngelLight

+1

It's great that your son can be so open and honest with you about how he feels. It's also great that you are so willing to listen. I would recommend finding a good Shaman with the possability of soul retrieval. It certainly won't harm him and no Shaman will carry it out unless they feel it is neccessary for healing. This combined with your Reiki work should see him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ChoKuRay

Thanks for the advice. To those suggesting a GP....well.....this is beyond the understanding of most GP's so no I wont be bringing him to a GP as he is not ill!

Swanner, padma and AngelLight thank you. I know I have a special little Being here who is very sensitive and in tuned to himself and energy around him. I have got advice from a Shamanic healer and we are working on something at the moment. This is a wonderful journey for him and I am so honoured to be helping him with it. We can learn so much from our children if we allow it. He is now comfortable with the situation and is welcoming the return of his soul spirit.

Advertisement