Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodlawn Grove

• 18-07-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Thinking of moving here next month. anyone live here and know what it is like? is it noisy, full of students etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tis a tranquil haven of peace, serenity and dogging. Close to lots of amenities, it also has a resident drug dealer who boasts very competitive prices. At both summer and winter equinox' a sacrifice is made a la the wicker man, and this supposedly responsible for the friendly vibe felt around the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

longshanks wrote: »
    Tis a tranquil haven of peace, serenity and dogging. Close to lots of amenities, it also has a resident drug dealer who boasts very competitive prices. At both summer and winter equinox' a sacrifice is made a la the wicker man, and this supposedly responsible for the friendly vibe felt around the area

That is funny, "A la wickerman" hah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't live there but I'm fairly sure one of the members here was there and had quite a bit of trouble. I'll try and dig out the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sorry I stand corrected. It was Meadowbank where he had trouble which is a bit away. I don't know anything about Woodlawn Grove for a fact so I'll steer clear of judgement on this one.

Why there by the way OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

starting back at college in September and it seems to be where most of the reasonably priced houses are to rent near the college dont fancy paying Manor Village prices again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Well imo it is the most quite area out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mags85

I lived there for a couple of months, its not too bad. Didn't have any trouble and never heard any noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Waaah2k11boi

My Grandmother has been living in Woodlawn Grove for nearly 40 years and its a small estate that is very quite, not many students live there and the families that do live there have been living there 30+ years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Hi Sophie,

I lived there for a year. Not many students there at all.

The house we were in was in a very poor state. You could see fog when you breathed in winter. Very damp too, loads of my clothes were destroyed, and the heating was non existent, even when radiators were on.

I'm sure there's lots of good houses there too, with good landlords, we were just unlucky to get a ****hole. I'll send you a PM in the next day or two to give you the house we were in, so hopefully you don't have to put up with it for a year,

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

looder wrote: »
    Hi Sophie,

I lived there for a year. Not many students there at all.

The house we were in was in a very poor state. You could see fog when you breathed in winter. Very damp too, loads of my clothes were destroyed, and the heating was non existent, even when radiators were on.

I'm sure there's lots of good houses there too, with good landlords, we were just unlucky to get a ****hole. I'll send you a PM in the next day or two to give you the house we were in, so hopefully you don't have to put up with it for a year,

That would be great looder thanks a mill:D. At least your a lot more helpful than some other posters on here:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement