Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to loose my mind, Eircom phone watch alarm

Options
  • 18-07-2011 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

075.jpg

076.jpg

Keeps beeping, password doesn't stop it. It says the battery is low and needs time/date installed.

Taking out the fuse used to work but now it soon starts beeping again. Currently have a towel cellotaped over it.

Dad is a deaf moron who won't admit that he misplaced the manual and refuses to do anything about it as he doesn't hear the beeping.

I tried the help number but the line is disconnected. It was installed in 2003.

There is some stuff written on the front panel:

NSAI
    I.S. 199:1987

License Number: IAS-073

Interactive technologies.

Do I disconnect it from the mains? If so, how do I do this.

Thanks everyone

(Apologies for making this a thread of its own but this has been going on for a while now and I am close to murdering someone).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Do you pay a monitoring fee to Eircom for the alarm ?
    If so contact them directly and they will send out an engineer with a new battery
    If not get the manufacturer's name off the panel and contact them directly,they will either sell you a Battery themselves or put you on to a distributor they deal with.

GE Security used to do all of Eircoms panels ,but I have to admit I do not recognise that as a GE panel.
    If it is GE Security they were bought over by UTC Fire and security last year and you will find them in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

call 1850-500900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Loose it! Set it free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Cool, just rang them and got through (no idea why it didn't work before) and followed the disembodied voice. Needs a new battery put in that will come to €150. Would it be cheaper if I get the battery from a distrubitor and change it myself? Will have to talk to parents.

Damn thing is beeping again...

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

150 yoyos for a battery?...W de funky

• Advertisement

How do I access the battery/find out what one it takes?

bastados wrote: »
    150 yoyos for a battery?...W de funky

I'm assuming it includes installing it?

OK, so I've used a screwdriver to take off the lid (alarm went off and I turned it off). The battery is partly concealed by the keypad which seems stuck and won't come off?

0012.jpg

Would somewhere like Maplin in town have the battery I need?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are paying an annual monitoring and service charge they should not be charging you a call out. Even without one €150 is way OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

OK, so I've used a screwdriver to take off the lid (alarm went off and I turned it off). The battery is partly concealed by the keypad which seems stuck and won't come off?

0012.jpg

Would somewhere like Maplin in town have the battery I need?

It is an easy job to do yourself. I would stay away from the likes of Maplin when looking for any batteries as they cost more than double the price in there. You can get the battery on the suppliers list here. It is a 12v 2.2 Amp battery. Turn off the mains. The battery is located in behind the keypad, to get at it you will need to get a screw driver and prize the top to release the keypad. Is will come down from the top. Release the battery terminals and replace the battery.

Here is a link to the user manual off this alarm.

Very easy to do yourself, I would not be given P.W €150 to do it for you. Any problems let me know.

• Advertisement

Anywhere in the Dublin city centre, I don't drive unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Anywhere in the Dublin city centre, I don't drive unfortunately.

Any electrical wholesaler should stock these, just ring in advance. What area do you live in, might be one close to home if you don't drive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try Dublin Electrical Wholesale.
    They are on Mountjoy Square.

Advertisement