Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 18/07/11 Spoilers (MITB results included)

Options
  • 18-07-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Despite CM Punk’s promise to leave WWE and John Cena being “fired” from the company, both Superstars are being advertised for tonight’s WWE Monday Night RAW on the USA Network from the Resch Center Green Bay, Wisconsin. It should be noted that WWE.com subsite that is promoting tonight’s RAW taping says “All Superstars subject to change”, but both Superstars are still heavily featured on the WWE.com website. In addition, both of their roster pages are still available on the site.
    Of course, neither John Cena nor CM Punk are really leaving WWE — Cena hasn’t been fired and although the contract status of CM Punk is still unknown as of press time, he is obviously still with the company based on Vince McMahon booking him to win the WWE Championship last night at Money in the Bank on PPV. No matches are advertised for tonight’s show other than the cliff-hanger from last night’s main event, two title changes, and Money in the Bank ladder matches and their new contract holders (Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No sleep for me again tonight!

Which Sky Sports Channel will have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

flahavaj wrote: »
    No sleep for me again tonight!

Which Sky Sports Channel will have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

In work today, with a pub quiz tonight, theres no way I'll be able to stay up til 2am, let alone 4am. I'll get it downloaded in d'morning and wont sign into twitter, facebook or boards until its watched.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't want to get too excited tbh, cause I have a feeling Punk will probably lose it tonight, making the pay per view ending pointless :/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is the miz injured or was it just an act at the mitb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is the miz injured or was it just an act at the mitb

don't know tbh, seemed legit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Unless they figured out some way to make his knee looked fewked up with prosthetics and make up, that was a legit injury. His knee looked nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

In work today, with a pub quiz tonight, theres no way I'll be able to stay up til 2am, let alone 4am. I'll get it downloaded in d'morning and wont sign into twitter, facebook or boards until its watched.

I already apologised! Geez, let it go! :P

I predict tonight that Vince is going to realise that it wasnt cenas fault that punk left but his own. And will step down as the chairman (kayfabe) of wwe.
    This would be a great way for vince to step down as an onscren character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

I don't want to get too excited tbh, cause I have a feeling Punk will probably lose it tonight, making the pay per view ending pointless :/

I hope They don't just undo everything. I'd understand if Cena's there (even though he should be fired) but the only world champion that I think should be on the show is Christian on loan from Smackdown.

Then he can lose to Daniel Bryan. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ridley wrote: »
    I hope They don't just undo everything. I'd understand if Cena's there (even though he should be fired) but the only world champion that I think should be on the show is Christian on loan from Smackdown.

Then he can lose to Daniel Bryan. ;)

Christian should be on both shows now as he is the only world champion in WWE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Yes, all the goodwill WWE gained last night will be gone (and then some) if they just reverse it all tonight by getting the title back on Cena and Punk leaves. They really need to run with this.

I honestly dont expect Punk to be on raw tonight.
    Only getting to read an interview from last week i read these snippets:
    GQ: Now that you're ending your time with the WWE, do you have any plans for the future?
    C.M. Punk: I have no plans. Cabana was fired on a Friday and wrestling on a Saturday. That is not going to be me. I haven't talked to anybody. Nobody's contacted me. I'm positive that people will try to contact me on Monday, but I just want to sit on my couch. That's kind of the idea. I've been doing this for a long time with no break. Especially over the last year, I had an elbow surgery and narrowly avoided hip surgery, so all my downtime's been used up by rehabbing so I can get back in the ring. And I never missed a beat; I was doing commentary with my cracked-up hip. That wears on you after a while. I'm looking forward to not setting an alarm, not flying anywhere, not having a schedule. I think everyone's dream is to do nothing. I want to have time off and not be injured. I want it to be summer vacation, where I don't have anything to do for three months. I can do anything.
    GQ: Does that have any appeal for you? Never working again?
    C.M. Punk: No. Everybody jokes with me that I'm going to go crazy in the first week, and maybe I am. But maybe that's what I need to experience. I've never not done this, whether it was because I needed to pay bills or because I was so passionate and obsessed about it. But I think I'm reaching a point where I can step away and where I need to step away for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really hope he is not on raw tonight - totally add to the mystique and awesomeness of the storyline!

I really hope he is not on raw tonight - totally add to the mystique and awesomeness of the storyline!
    He won't be on Raw tonight. They have used him very well in not having appear unnecessarily, just when they need him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CMpunked wrote: »
    I predict tonight that Vince is going to realise that it wasnt cenas fault that punk left but his own. And will step down as the chairman (kayfabe) of wwe.

The ending of MITB pretty much garuntees that Vince is going to blame Cena for this though. Vince tried helping and Cena stopped him, and as such, Cena pretty much cost himself the title.

I'm scared, genuinely scared, for tonight though. I still think that Punk will be there to gloat and Del Rio will cash in and take the title. I'd rather something else, but I don't know.

I'm also predicting Christian loses the title to Bryan tonight, making this reign shorter than his last :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im just hoping that they dont have Cena turn up and say "i still have a re-match clause" etc and then beats Punk

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I won't be able to watch this live but I really hope they change that nasty, awful looking spinner belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I already apologised! Geez, let it go! :P

i was thinking this and then hhh kind of steps into his role of the boss

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Please everyone brace yourselves for Cena & McMahon to start off RAW, Cena gets fired, but within minutes weasels his way into a new, more iron clad contract.

:pac: but :(

That said, the very idea that WWE would be without Punk AND Cena for a few weeks.....is pretty cool, actually. If they booked it smart, in that the rest of the roster ups their game and really tries to be the next main eventer; it'd be brilliant.

Reminds me of the time RAW talent were stuck in Europe so most of the SD crew had to fill in for RAW. It could've been cool but they actually just said "sorry, they're stuck" and wrote a business-as-usual show. But hopefully something better tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Im just hoping that they dont have Cena turn up and say "i still have a re-match clause" etc and then beats Punk

Possible scenario?:

Cena is brought out by Vince to fire him. Just as he's about to do it, Punk interrupts via satellite from Chicago.
    He goes about his usual awesome promo shooting, when suddenly he gets attacked from behind by Del Rio, who cashes in there and then (bit like the old Hardcore 24/7 rules).
    Cena then says that Vince can't fire him because Punk didnt actually leave Chicago with the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WWE's Facebook:

TONIGHT, at the start of WWE Monday Night Raw, WWE Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon will address the Raw audience regarding the incident at last night's pay-per-view. Watch it LIVE at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Please everyone brace yourselves for Cena & McMahon to start off RAW, Cena gets fired, but within minutes weasels his way into a new, more iron clad contract.

pacman.gif but frown.gif

I wouldn't mind so much if Cena's rematch clause kept him in the company because he can't use it but it'll be a shame if the first thing we see on Raw is a card saying Punk will be there to say goodbye (unless he no showed).

Or worse if we find out Punk signed a mega super amazing contract in his last hour with the company.

Give us a couple a weeks of that Raw where no-one was in charge. Or a tournament leading to a new champ at Summerslam only have Punk turn up there to say it's void (then maybe get cashed in on then). Just not the usual, please! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Might go to sleep and get up to watch a bit of this tonight.

The wwe title is safe though. This is from cm punks twitter account.
    not a dig at you but that's like the 10th time that picture has been posted today. Can we please stop it!

I doubt punk will be there tbh at this point if he was out last night after the event, would they not fly out quite early in the morning?

John Cena's twitter:
    @JohnCena: CeNation. I very rarely ask u for anything but I am down to my last chance. If u could tweet WWE to let them know not to fire me.
    I would be indebted to u all. Im not saying its gonna work but sometimes they can not ignore the universe

Wait, theres more:
    I have just been 'future endeavored'. Well..if that's how it is I would like to take a moment to publicly apologize to Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson.
    In an effort to make WM28 as big as possible I tried to expose rock for his flaws. Very childish and immature on my behalf.

My comments about the rocks absence were both unprofessional and childish. I am sorry. Rock, I truly wish and still hope in my heart of hearts that the crazy old man who is the boss reconsiders his totally rash decision. Because chicago was insane last night and it made me think.of what Miami could have been. I guess sometimes u do not know what u have until it is lost.

Wait, theres more:
    That could be a twist. Have Rock come back for a night to tell Vince to rehire Cena or he's never coming back.

For those who think Punk will definitely be showing up on raw tonight, at least, in person:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=gn1wz.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

(that was about 45 mins ago)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yep Punk aint gonna be there it seems, the shot of him in Wrigley pretty much confirms that... though I wouldent rule out him making an appearance via satelite from Chicago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

This story is so full of win. What a bunch of heroes.

Advertisement