Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 18/07/11 Spoilers (MITB results included)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Liam O wrote: »
    One thing is that HHH will have to go heel soon to properly deal with Punk imo.

I don't see why. Punk was a de facto face on Sunday night because of where the PPV was held, but other than that he has played the heel and will continue to do so IMO.

Of anything a face HHH is a far better fit to feud with him than a Vince who'll always be a heel or heelish by his very nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

I thought it was a solid Raw. I hate tourney's as much as some of yee but in fairness the Rey/Truth match was great.
    The Vince firing even tho kayfabe was a good direction to take this angle but i seriously dont think its the end of his character , sure he cant do in ring competition but whats to say we have a repeat of the MacMahon/Helmsley Era? Remember when Trips was heel and The Rock gathered all the wrestlers "Superstars" to the ring and said they were ready to walk out on him (which was class by the way!). Whos to say Triple H makes Raw awful... like a dictatorship and Vince returns to take it back over ? Still might happen...Either way we'll know next week whether its face or heel trips were looking at !.. Can't wait for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

probably gonna get laughed at for this, but what on earth is going on?? haven't been watching for ages, haven't read any wrestling sites in ages. is vince gone for good??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    probably gonna get laughed at for this, but what on earth is going on?? haven't been watching for ages, haven't read any wrestling sites in ages. is vince gone for good??

If you mean is this real, maybe, maybe not.
    If it means we will have to get used to never seeing vince have any involvement with wwe, personally, i hope not.
    But a this stage who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Suprised with the reaction to the tourney on here.Whilst it was fairly predictable who would win the last round of every match as they were hardly going to do heel v heel matches in the latter stages it was still really enjoyable imo,Some great matches and it kept the show ticking over nicely.I'm suprised how quick the show went in my head compared to other nights when I tune in and nothing happens from 2.20 till 2.50,Then 3.15 till the last segment/match.

I really didn't enjoy the climax of the show last night,But that definitely in part reason is because I'm not a big fan of HHH at all,At least not since his feud with HBK almost a decade ago now.I just hope he doesn't become a regular in-ring guy again.Granted a match with Punk down the lines expected,But anything else would be a serious downer for me.

Cena's "brother" comment was cool alright,His part in last nights finish was my favourite,So I know it wasn't that good!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Enjoyed that Raw and thought they played everything the way it should have. Punk is "gone" so it had to be about picking up the pieces and having a tournament makes sense. if Punk showed up and was involved it would've been every bit as bad as Cena's "firing" last year. It would've meant everything that Punk had said and done over the last few weeks would've been pointless and taken all the impact away.
    Cena was never going to be fired and the way it played out I think was probably the best and most logical way of getting around it. Cena being fired is bad for business.
    As for Vince, well if he is retiring on screen or off, what better way to go than in the middle of the best angle in recent memory. He certainly deserves it and it adds another dimension to an already great storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

who else can see rey winning the title next week and then alberto del rio will cash in his money in the bank and win the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ricero wrote: »
    fair play hhh he gets to bang the bosses daughter and then gets groomed to take over the biggest wrestling business in the world and to think he use to look like this tn_hunterhearsthelmsley.jpg.

anyway with hhh running the scenes story line wise and vince behind the scenes i can only see success for the wwe over the next couple of years and more importantly great times for us fans.

I actually remember his debut on Superstars I think it was. Little did I know I was looking at the future most powerful man in wrestling.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »
    who else can see rey winning the title next week and then alberto del rio will cash in his money in the bank and win the title

I hope not - i hope they keep the title non existant for a while and have someone (more than likely cena) try to go after punk to get it back! keep the storyline going instead of igoring it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I agree Grames, I just think it makes more sense logically for WWE to pretend that Punk has been stripped of the title and crown a new one. That leads to Punk's return and a unification match between him and Cena (who, lets face it, will be champ again by then <_<).

• Advertisement

Is there any indication that this will, or could be, a way to bring in a new style belt?

Like i love the spinner one, i think it looks excellently chunky. And the fact that it spins doesnt matter as no one spins it anymore.
    but its been hanging around longer than most past wwe champ belts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given that they showed pictures of the old title during the promotional pics for the tourney, I'd say the winner will be recieving the same style of belt.

The only way a new one is being introduced is if Punk brings back a new title with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Given that they showed pictures of the old title during the promotional pics for the tourney, I'd say the winner will be recieving the same style of belt.

The only way a new one is being introduced is if Punk brings back a new title with him...
    Well he made reference to hating the spinner belt so maybe he will

• Registered Users Posts: 86,093 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else think HHH was going to burst out laughing when he was in the ring relieving Vince of his duties? I dont think HHH did well in the angle imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else think HHH was going to burst out laughing when he was in the ring relieving Vince of his duties? I dont think HHH did well in the angle imo

i thought so as well. he looked like he wanted to laugh, i was expecting, the both of them to laugh and say gotcha.

ether way, i'm back in watching wrestling again. :o

triple h in charge. sweeet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

No, I didnt. Granted he isnt the finest actor in the world, but I genuinely thought there was some emotion there....

Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Raw was decent. There was lots of wrestling which was awesome, and some good wrestling too. I didnt see the end coming though I did think of it at one stage due to someone else posting on here (Punked?) but it makes sense as well from a storyline standpoint. It does make me wonder if next Monday will be Vinces retirement party or if this will drag out a bit.... that cant be just it at the end :/

Also, thank you crowd for both sides of the coin, with the NA NA NA NA, and then the Thank you Vince at the end. That was genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The final segement was so awful I do not know where to start. Horrendously played out by both Vince and HHH. The tears made me fast forward it. Awful shíte altogether.

Cenas promo beforehand was better, but it was another "in front of all these people" sickening schtick we have come all to accustomed to. His "brother" reference was funny alright though.

In general that was a terrible, terrible Raw. Wouldn't even give it a 1 for effort.

I was expecting him to say Yourrr Fiiiirred!
    After he said "No vince, you wont be firing john cena, in fact, you wont be doing much anymore, i cant believe im about to say this..."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a poor Raw following on from a strong PPV. The last segment was a bit too hokey for my liking, although I enjoyed Cena's reference. The tournament thing seemed very rushed and should have been done over a few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Its a little bit odd how I see this Raw. Its like when you watch a series and one episode as a stand alone episode isnt all that but as part of the overall storyline this episode was very good.

• Advertisement

Its a little bit odd how I see this Raw. Its like when you watch a series and one episode as a stand alone episode isnt all that but as part of the overall storyline this episode was very good.

i can't wait for next weeks show. Not as much as this weeks after the PPV, but the whole vince being replaced by HHH is (hopefully) ushering in some form of era. Maybe it will be akin to when there was the mcmahon/Helmsley regime. But just not as heelish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gimmick wrote: »
    The final segement was so awful I do not know where to start. Horrendously played out by both Vince and HHH. The tears made me fast forward it. Awful shíte altogether.

Cenas promo beforehand was better, but it was another "in front of all these people" sickening schtick we have come all to accustomed to. His "brother" reference was funny alright though.

In general that was a terrible, terrible Raw. Wouldn't even give it a 1 for effort.

The word Brother might aswell of accompanied a lead balloon cause nobody could of given a damn. I watched Raw tonite & it was such a blah effort. I don't think the crowd could of cared less about the tournament they just desperately wanted Punk to appear. I had to laugh when I read that Vince came out during a commercial to complain to the dead crowd during the limp episode. The last segment with Vince & HHH was just flat and I don't think the audience believed what was happening.
    I am looking forward to next weeks Raw surely it'll be a improvement over a real miss this week.

question to the mods, is it ok to put up a thread now about HHH being the new boss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yes if the first repeat has been on TV. If not, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

flahavaj wrote: »
    I don't see why. Punk was a de facto face on Sunday night because of where the PPV was held, but other than that he has played the heel and will continue to do so IMO.

Of anything a face HHH is a far better fit to feud with him than a Vince who'll always be a heel or heelish by his very nature.

I think they HAVE to go with Punk as a face. It's like Steve Austin in 1997, he's too hot to ignore. Otherwise you have a heel who is way too cool for any face to get more popular. Give him a push where he acts exactly like he currently is (i.e the voice of the fans) and see where you stand at Wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think they HAVE to go with Punk as a face. It's like Steve Austin in 1997, he's too hot to ignore. Otherwise you have a heel who is way too cool for any face to get more popular. Give him a push where he acts exactly like he currently is (i.e the voice of the fans) and see where you stand at Wrestlemania.

Punk as a face would be fresh. I guess HHH is going to fill the Vince Role v Austin (Punk). WWE can play on the belief that HHH was always trying to hold people back and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Punk as a face would be fresh. I guess HHH is going to fill the Vince Role v Austin (Punk). WWE can play on the belief that HHH was always trying to hold people back and so on.

That would actually be awesome. Punk could have some excellent promos if they let him talk about HHH holding people back. I know some might say there's no need to re-do Austin v McMahon but I think it would actually be pretty fresh. The Mr McMahon character was based on the Montreal Screwjob, so angles based on real life can work.

Also in other news, I loved hearing Joey Styles name mentioned on Raw!

Advertisement