Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 18/07/11 Spoilers (MITB results included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Nicely done for the ending, going out with a "Thank you Vince" chant instead of the "hey hey he goodbye"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Im actually confused.

is this a play on recent times (that people believe that vince is past what people want in wrestling / Triple h is the future)

or .. actually leading into what we all knew would happen one day... that vince would step down?

angle vs reality i guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaysus didnt know how right I'd be when a few days ago i talked of a new era potentially beginning if they pulled the trigger on the CM Punk angle...

again like i said in the live PPV thread please try and avoid starting threads in the next few days that would give away whats happened with spoilers, i.e no "how will HHH do as new on screen WWE boss" thread titles for example

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Great selling by Vinny Mac. Wonder if thats the end of him now? Could really be the end of an era. And to think this all started with CM Punk announcing last month he was leaving... Still so much up in the air.

CoolHat wrote: »
    Im actually confused.

is this a play on recent times (that people believe that vince is past what people want in wrestling / Triple h is the future)

or .. actually leading into what we all knew would happen one day... that vince would step down?

angle vs reality i guess.

I'd assume its just the character is finished, not backstage though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Next week on Raw, Shane O Mac returns with Rory McIlroy and a nine iron and they will clear out HUNTER and the Kliq.

I agree that it seems like the end of the Mr McMahon character and therefore it was nice of the crowd to give a thank you vince chant instead of a na na na na... goodbye chant.

now for FISHOMANIA.... night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I'd assume its just the character is finished, not backstage though!

Either way this is very interesting times for WWE :)
    Its great that they are breaking their own little "bubble" and playing with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Next week on Raw, Shane O Mac returns with Rory McIlroy and a nine iron and they will clear out HUNTER and the Kliq.

They can't trademark Rory McIlroy. They'll call him R-Mac and give him a rapper gimmick. It's got money written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Vince being killed off as character was meant to happen at WM25 btw. So it is overdue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm gonna be "that guy" and say it.

That was fucking retarded and about as believable as the the tooth fairy getting double teamed by the easter bunny and santa. Just another way for John Cena not to get fired again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Can see Cena being told to bring the belt back to the WWE and chasing Punk wherever he pops up, the story about the storyline progressing outside of WWE tv at times is a clue in that regard. It'd be cool to have him pop up at a few indie shows and then Cena attacks him etc. Either way it's an interesting direction they're going in and fair play to them so far.

super-rush wrote: »
    I'm gonna be "that guy" and say it.

That was fucking retarded and about as believable as the the tooth fairy getting double teamed by the easter bunny and santa. Just another way for John Cena not to get fired again.

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

They've still left the secret GM there too, which should've been gone long ago or tonight even.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Cena, Punk and Vince all out of employment, Dixie is probably bursting her ass trying to sign them while Bischoff and Hogan are trying not to laugh in the corner.:o

Meltzer:
    So is the storyline that ended Raw tonight, which at least to an extent mirrored real life since HHH has been groomed all year to be taking over for Vince to head the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Thought the dramatics at the end were a bit lame tbh.

Good show altogether.Not as good as anticipated but nonetheless some good matches.A nice main event to look forward too next week as well!

If HHH was trying to reach Vince all night to depose him wouldn't that mean tonight's show and all that happened on it before the end is now defunct?

If HHH was trying to reach Vince all night to depose him wouldn't that mean tonight's show and all that happened on it before the end is now defunct?

tune in next week to find out. im sure next week will still have Rey vs Miz though but it might not end up crowning a new champ as more swerves are expected by me fein anywhoo

Can we all agree that it was PG's fault WWE was so bad?

• Advertisement

Rey to turn heel and join Truth in the conspiracy angle!

Maybe Steph will be the GM now haha!

Let's hope it is not XPac,good night all see you next week.

drayme wrote: »
    Can we all agree that it was PG's fault WWE was so bad?

I'd have agreed with this all along

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I'd have agreed with this all along

*facepalm*

*facepalm*

*Sarcasm*

I like it, PG or not

Darren Rovell of CNBC just posted this on Twitter
    If HHH has really taken over for Vince McMahon, WWE's stock is going to plummet tomorrow. Shares already down 31% year to date. The #1 material risk against WWE stock is Vince McMahon leaving the business. Tonight's plot could be an SEC violation.

Eeep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Vinnie Mc's acting was a class abover HHH's. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm indifferent to the whole thing. I wasnt expecting it but that doesn't instantly make for good TV. While it has all the potential to be a great angle I think it started off a little akward. Maybe it was the "I love ya pop" line or Vince could I've put up a fight since it's not like him to just accept defeat.

Let's see how this goes, but I think it's started off akward.

I'm indifferent to the whole thing. I wasnt expecting it but that doesn't instantly make for good TV. While it has all the potential to be a great angle I think it started off a little akward. Maybe it was the "I love ya pop" line or Vince could I've put up a fight since it's not like him to just accept defeat.

Let's see how this goes, but I think it's started off akward.

Wow you didnt get what they were obviously going for at all. HHH was concerned for Vince's mental health and Vince knew Hunter was right. This wasnt Shane buying WCW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Darren Rovell of CNBC just posted this on Twitter

Eeep

Didn't the same happen with the Trump buying RAW angle?

Anyway no need to worry, it isn't on the corporate site.

Advertisement