Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

failing a third year exam do i still get a 2.2 degree?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi :) I failed an exam in my third year science degree which i am repeating in august. I have a 52% average without that exam and I was just wondering do I still get a 2.2 degree when I repeat that exam in august? I am just wondering because I got a conditional offer to study radiography in london if i get a 2.2 degree so I really really hope i stil have the 2.2 degree:eek:?? Thanks :D

Comments

cait11 wrote: »
    Hi :) I failed an exam in my third year science degree which i am repeating in august. I have a 52% average without that exam and I was just wondering do I still get a 2.2 degree when I repeat that exam in august? I am just wondering because I got a conditional offer to study radiography in london if i get a 2.2 degree so I really really hope i stil have the 2.2 degree:eek:?? Thanks :D

The most you can get for repeating a subject is 40% - i.e. even if you ace the repeat exam and get, say, 70%, the fact it's on a repeat means you'll be awarded 40% for your effort. So you will have to factor in a result of 40% for that subject when calculating your overall mark. How does it look when you do that?
    Do you not have a fourth year to do in your degree? Some people in my year in college were sitting on a 3rd class honour in 3rd year and did very well in 4th year bringing their score comfortably over the 2.2 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cait11

The most you can get for repeating a subject is 40% - i.e. even if you ace the repeat exam and get, say, 70%, the fact it's on a repeat means you'll be awarded 40% for your effort. So you will have to factor in a result of 40% for that subject when calculating your overall mark. How does it look when you do that?
    Do you not have a fourth year to do in your degree? Some people in my year in college were sitting on a 3rd class honour in 3rd year and did very well in 4th year bringing their score comfortably over the 2.2 mark.

Thanks yeah it goes up 2% something like that so il be on the 2.2 degree :) its just someone was telling me that if I have to repeat an exam in third year (final year) then I will only get a pass degree, is this true?? Its only an ordinary degree that I am studying at the moment so its only three years.

Advertisement