Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Debit Card roll out thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Rang AIB in O'Connell Street (Limerick), asked what the story was with the Visa Debit cards, she asked did I wanna replace my laser, I said yes, she put me through to the cards dept, and long story short my Visa Debit card is on the way, gonna have it by the latest of the 6th.

Unfortunately the contactless payment facility isn't available on Student accounts, he didn't know why apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭madarekrap

dotsman wrote: »
    Automatically. Anybody requesting a replacement card up to November 1st get's a Maestro. After November 1st, anybody requesting a replacement will get a Visa..

Requested a replacement card today and the lady said they were going to replace it with a Visa Debit, never had to ask myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Has anyone in AIB UCD successfully ordered a replacement Visa card yet?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yes they are, I've a student plus account and it has contactless. Haven't found somewhere that accepts it yet though!

That bat rastard lied to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Yay great. Got my card yesterday...a laser, OF COURSE!

Called right away so let's see what it will be this time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Bps

I rang last week and asked to be issued withh a visa debit card, laser not expiring until 2016, they said they'd post one out, got my pin in the post today and they said card will arrive two days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

BroLo wrote: »
    That bat rastard lied to me!

its the basic student account that doesn't have contactless. These would be the people who currently have a basic black banklink card as opposed to a laser. Student plus accounts do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Got my Card today, didn't have to ask or anything. Letter with the car says the pin stays the same, so I guess I'll try use it and see I it works.

So glad I got it now, really need to rent a car in the UK next month and now I will have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Got my Card today, didn't have to ask or anything. Letter with the car says the pin stays the same, so I guess I'll try use it and see I it works.

So glad I got it now, really need to rent a car in the UK next month and now I will have no problems.

What branch are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    To be safe you should check with the rental company to make sure they will accept it, as not all rental companies accept debit cards, & even UK ones that do may only accept certain types & only if you a UK resident with a UK bank account. Also, if you get past that make sure you have enough funds in the account for the pre-authorisation hold (could be anything from £500 to £1,000). The last thing you need is to have no access to your funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

segaBOY wrote: »

What branch are you with?

Naas, Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Issuing has started in Galway, starting with lynch's castle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just ordered one when I was down in the Sandyford branch. I was directed to the phone banking phone to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Was on to AIB today to change my billing address, and asked if I could just order a Visa Debit, which she did for me with no problems, just asked for my usual details and current laser card number. Put a cancel order on the Laser for 14 days time and have the pin on way to my right now and card to follow on Tuesday. No problem at all.

Branch was originally GMIT, Galway but think it was merged to Galway/Newcastle branch since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I randomly got a new Visa Debit card today, which I wasn't expecting. Laser card not expiring 'till 2015.

Like a poster above my branch is Naas.

UCD said they should be issuing them before December but I've been lied to before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Eathrin wrote: »
    UCD said they should be issuing them before December but I've been lied to before

Every branch is issuing them. As per previous post, from today, all branches are issuing Visa Debit (be it for new cards or replacement cards for damaged/lost/stolen etc).

The conversion/rollout is a different issue. Over the next 8-9 months they are converting the backlog of existing (1 million+) Maestro cards (about 150,000 cards per month roughly).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

One of my AIB laser cards is split so I called the number on the back this evening & asked about getting a replacement. Was told I'd be issued with a Visa Debit card (as well as herself (joint account) complete with new pins, he also said to me that he'd issue me with a replacement on my personal account at the same time, no charge. Should be arriving next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

My laser card also ammmm cough "split" so i should have my visa debt next Thursday :D

Out of interest, of those who are saying they have "lost" cards etc, or not getting them from local branch, have you just called Card Services? They really had no problem giving one to me yesterday, I was kind of surprised how easy it was based on what I was reading here.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't see why people feel the need to smudge the truth. I just rang and said I wanted to change and they had no problem giving it to me, hoping to get it in the post today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Ya just rang card services, I read somewhere earlier in the thread that they need a reason to order a new card so thats why I told them it cracked (that and I only got a new laser card a week ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Walked into aib clondalkin a few mins ago

Me: can I order a new visa debit please
    Girl1: yeah no problem, have you your bank details and a photo id?
    Me: I have indeed. Have a bit Christmas shopping to do and no where online takes laser
    Girl1: I know it's crazy.
    Girl2: apparently there's some shops not even taking laser anymore
    Girl1: really? Better order my own today so.
    Girl2: is there anything wrong with your card do you need it cancelled
    Me: no just want to upgrade.
    Girl1: grand well your current card will expire in 14 days and you'll receive your pin in 2 working days, the card in 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭CWF

About time!!!!

Mine just arrived in the post. Ordered it on Friday last week. Time to go on an online spending spree :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Got mine in the post yesterday, never even had to order it! Lovely :D

Right I don't want to wait any longer.
    The staff in AIB Belfield have been very dismissive of any requests for new cards telling me I had to wait any time I've called.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Right I don't want to wait any longer.
    The staff in AIB Belfield have been very dismissive of any requests for new cards telling me I had to wait any time I've called.
    Ring up Card Services 01-6685500 and just have your regular details handy (billing address, reg no, laser no) and it should be done no problem. Perhaps they don't want to advertise it too close to Christmas in case there's a rush they can't fill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

rang customer service, gave them all the detail they need, was told I'll be receiving the PIN on Monday then follow by the card on Wednesday! :eek: ordering the new visa dbt card have never been easier!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

To anyone who already has their visa debit, is the visa debit number the same as the laser number it replaced?

Advertisement