Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyworld closed?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi all, just heard that Babyworld in Limerick has closed and am wondering is the one in Galway closed up too?? I am away at the moment but my sister in law who is pregnant bought a few bits in there and I put money on an item in there for her too. Cannot get an answer on the phone, panic setting in!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I heard that they were closed as well but that the new owners were honoring vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

The few items we bought were only small things as we ended up getting most things in All4Baby but my worry is what happens if there is a problem with any of the items and there was one item (cot bed) which I had placed a deposit on and was going to pay off until the baby arrives so now I dont know where I stand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shanneah

I know Babyworld in Galway has changed it's name to Baby Shop Ireland. They put up new signage recently and their website is under this name also. I'm hoping that solves their issues as they took a hefty deposit from me two weeks ago for a stroller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There is somebody involved with BabyWorld in Limerick posting in the Limerick forum.

They have made a couple of statement here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055843281&page=57

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hmm, hope they don't close, I can think of another one or two baby shops I'd prefer to see close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

I agree, sad to see family and local run businesses close while large corporate ones thrive but tis the way things are these days :(

When shopping for all the baby gear, myself and my sister chose Babyworld and All4Baby as they were family and local run, probably would have been a little cheaper to go to one of the bigger stores but we felt like we were doing our bit for society by buying from the smaller stores lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ausmarius

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    There is somebody involved with BabyWorld in Limerick posting in the Limerick forum.

They have made a couple of statement here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055843281&page=57
    could u tell me the contact number of BabyWorld (Mike is his name i think) owner please :*:*:*
    as i need it badly thank you :
    .... our buggy got broken at the Xray at the airport in Dublin, i lost the receipt which we have to send back to insurance company so we get a refund to buy a new buggy as the one they broke costed us over 700euro....but i lost my original one and want a copy from Babyworld shop....the owner was a nice guy and we were regular customers.my phone number <snip> thank u very much

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ausmarius, one post is enough. No need to post many times.
    One left, the rest deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

ausmarius wrote: »
    could u tell me the contact number of BabyWorld (Mike is his name i think) owner please :*:*:*
    as i need it badly thank you :
    .... our buggy got broken at the Xray at the airport in Dublin, i lost the receipt which we have to send back to insurance company so we get a refund to buy a new buggy as the one they broke costed us over 700euro....but i lost my original one and want a copy from Babyworld shop....the owner was a nice guy and we were regular customers.my phone number <snip> thank u very much
    You need to determine the replacement cost, not the original cost.

Victor wrote: »
    You need to determine the replacement cost, not the original cost.

...what do you mean by REPLACEMENT COST??? :rolleyes:
    thank u

• Advertisement

...what do you mean by REPLACEMENT COST??? :rolleyes:
    thank u

You bought it for €700. If its a full replacement (not a repair), you need to find out what the price is now - €700, €600, €800?

Victor wrote: »
    You bought it for €700. If its a full replacement (not a repair), you need to find out what the price is now - €700, €600, €800?

oh,ok...thank u ;)
    but where can i find out what is the price now???? im really lost,as i dont have the original receipt either :( and the buggy is broken :( what would u people recomend me to do :confused:
    thank u very much :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Sure won't you find out how much the buggy is now by just checking their website or something...

oh,ok...thank u ;)
    but where can i find out what is the price now???? im really lost,as i dont have the original receipt either :( and the buggy is broken :( what would u people recomend me to do :confused:
    thank u very much :confused:
    Go to another shop that has the same or similar model.

Advertisement