Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Electric Ireland's Bank A/C and sort code?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hi ESB,

I'm thinking of switching to ESB Electric Ireland in the near future. Just wondering what is your bank account and sort code as I would set up a payment facility for you via online banking.

I'm with Bank of Ireland so do you have an account with them as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Electric Ireland: Sonia

Afternoon Mayo Exile,

When you sign up with ESB ELectric Ireland one of our options is to sign up for E-Billing. We give this option with BOI also. When you are registered with us again one of our advisors can set you up or alternatively you can go to our Website and follow the instructions there. You will need: your email address, telephone number, date of birth and also your ESB Electric Ireland account no which will be given to you when you join.

Hope this is of help.:)

Sonia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Hi Sonia,

thanks for your reply. Don't think it's the answer i'm looking for though. If I join i would probably sign up for direct debit and online billing to get a discount for the electricity supply.

The reason I asked for the ESB's bank account and sort code is so I could manually pay bits of any bills in addition to direct debit using the online option of my Bank of Ireland current account. It's mentioned in the "Online Banking" section on the ESB's Payment Option webpage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Resolved by private message. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Hi.

Can you please ping it to me please?
    I have a bill I want to pay with online banking. Really frustrating, I don't see it on the website or paper bill.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Lucifer-0,

The bank account number and sort code are on the giro/lodgement slip at the end of the bill.

If you don't have the bill handy at the moment, you can view a sample one here.

All the best :)
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Hi I want to change my bank account for esb direct debits. how do i go about this?

Thanks

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your post.

We are unable to take any bank details through Social Media, but you can set up a new direct debit on our website here. This will supercede your previous bank details, although it may take a number of days to be updated on your Electric Ireland account. Alternatively, you can call our colleagues on 1850 372 372 to change your bank details with immediate effect.

We also need to make you aware that we are required to give the bank notice of between five and seven working days before we can collect a direct debit payment. Therefore, if we have already presented to your old bank account for payment, we will not be able to prevent this from being collected even if your bank details have been updated.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Ive setup a standing order and the first payment has been taken. 

How long before i see it online or get some kind of assurance you received it?

I just entered my Account number as the reference number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Digital Society,

Thank you for getting in touch.

It can take between two and five working days for an electronic fund transfer to appear on your Electric Ireland account. You will be able to see that it has been received on your next Electric Ireland bill or online if you have an Online Billing account with Electric Ireland.

As the standing order is an instruction to your bank to pay a set amount to a specified bank account, you will not receive any notification from Electric Ireland to say the standing order was set up. This is beause it is set up directly with your bank rather than Electric Ireland.

Direct debits are an agreement with Electric Ireland to take the amount of the bill from your bank account every two months. In these cases, a customer will always receive confirmation from Electric Ireland when a direct debit has been set up.

If you would like us to check your account for you, we will need the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement