Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Urgent Stolen Apple Mac Pro***

Options
  • 18-07-2011 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

My daughters laptop was stolen in Ballybough last Saturday night.

Unfortunately it contained her Masters Dissertation due for submission in three weeks.

The information on the laptop is useless to anyone else but priceless to her.

Has anyone been offered a cheap Apple Mac Pro????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Sorry to hear that. Must be very stressful. I had a similar thing happen before.

You should see if it has shown up on Adverts.ie or Gumtree.ie

Did she ever email a copy of the document to herself or somebody for checking? sometimes that's the best way to back something up as there will be a copy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cork mum

Thanks for your help - she did email some work but not photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This might be of more use in the Dublin forum than the Apple Media Devices one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

eco2live wrote: »
    You should see if it has shown up on Adverts.ie or Gumtree.ie

Also check around Cash Converter shops and the likes. Maybe she could post up posters in the area offering a reward for it (I know giving in to thieves). They're probably locals and would see the posters.

Just on this matter, this is the second case I've heard of someones laptop being robbed off them around the area, my mate got mugged by 2 lads one morning after a gig and his laptop, and speakers worth €250 were stolen up around the Marino end of Philipsburgh Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

scumbags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Do you have the serial number? Its on the box you bought it in. Even post up some of it so anyone buying could keep an eye out.

Advertisement