Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Requested O2 Ireland unlock Iphone 3GS, anyone know how long this takes?

• 18-07-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi.

Just a quick question, called o2 last night to request my iphone to be unlocked.
    Was asked for my IMEI number etc, the guy explained they then aren't this request to apple who would contact me by email.
    This was yesterday evening around 6pm, heard nothing else since.

Just wondering if anyone out there had requested this service before, and could shine some light on what the normal waiting time is for apple to complete this request?

Trying to sell phone, but not too many folk are as interested in A locked phone as opposed to an unlocked one.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

it's usually about 5-10 working days

it'll just be a pop up on the phone asking you to connect it to itunes to unlocked the phone!

Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

Jailbreak it and put ultrasn0w on it. Takes 5 mins. You can restore it later when apple unlock it.

to jailbreak : http://jailbreakme.com

to unlock read this : http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

aidodo wrote: »
    Jailbreak it and put ultrasn0w on it. Takes 5 mins. You can restore it later when apple unlock it.

to jailbreak : http://jailbreakme.com

to unlock read this : http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253
    you have no idea what baseband the 3GS is on so why would you tell the op to unlock with ultrasn0w, they are selling it aswell so it's better to wait for the proper unlock, it wont take long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Hi,

I also called O2 yesterday requesting an iPhone unlock. I got a text message this afternoon saying that they have requested it from Apple and it should be unlocked via iTunes within two working days.

I also tried to unlock it using ultrasn0w but my baseband (05.16.02) was not supported. I'd wait for the official unlock, if I were you.

silverwood wrote: »
    Hi,

I also called O2 yesterday requesting an iPhone unlock. I got a text message this afternoon saying that they have requested it from Apple and it should be unlocked via iTunes within two working days.

I also tried to unlock it using ultrasn0w but my baseband (05.16.02) was not supported. I'd wait for the official unlock, if I were you.

In fact, I just got another text from O2 confirming that it will unlocked the next time I connect it to iTunes with a different carriers sim. I can't really complain with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nordiestar

In fact, I just got another text from O2 confirming that it will unlocked the next time I connect it to iTunes with a different carriers sim. I can't really complain with that.

Hi guys, thanks for replies (all of you)

Like silverwood, I asked for unlock yesterday evening, got text from o2 at approx 4pm today to tell me phone could be unlocked when foreign sim was inserted.

Less than 24 hrs in total!

Cant complain there now tbh!!!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

Can somebody tell me, do you need to have the original O2 sim in the phone when you request the unlock.

I am using my sister's iPhone. Can I get her to request the unlock when my sim is in the phone or does she need to have her sim in the phone when she requests the unlock?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

doesnt matter if there is a sim in the phone or not, she can request it at any stage and as long as it isn't unlocked with ultrasn0w, it will unlock no problem after she gets the text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Hi,

Did you use the automated system on the phone? My wife is trying to get her iPhone unlocked for over a week. I used a link I got from an O2 rep on their forum, put the IMEI no in etc. The website says 2 days and when I queried it with a mod they said 12 days! She rang O2 last night and used the automated system. Would she be better off speaking to someone on the phone?

Stephen P wrote: »
    Did you use the automated system on the phone? My wife is trying to get her iPhone unlocked for over a week. I used a link I got from an O2 rep on their forum, put the IMEI no in etc. The website says 2 days and when I queried it with a mod they said 12 days! She rang O2 last night and used the automated system. Would she be better off speaking to someone on the phone?

I got them on 061 203501 (link). Straight through to a human who asked for the IMEI and my contact number. It was unlocked about 24 hours later. :)

• Advertisement

I got them on 061 203501 (link). Straight through to a human who asked for the IMEI and my contact number. It was unlocked about 24 hours later. :)

Thanks, I'll see the request last night gets us anywhere if not I'll her to ring again and speak to someone.

My wife got a text today to say connect the phone to iTunes to complete the unlock. I'll know in future to ring first :rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jonas2k11

Hi,

Did O2 charge you for the service to unlock your iphones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

jonas2k11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did O2 charge you for the service to unlock your iphones?

If in contract they will unlock it for free, if prepay, you need to register phone and top-up at least €150 after it's register, more info on Unlock Page

Advertisement