Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADE: Atari 2600 Jnr

• 18-07-2011 1:34pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have this to trade, with a joystiq, psu and cable along with a copy of "crossbow" i think its called. ill stick up pics later. its in decent condition, few scratches on the silver bit across the front.

Ive tested it and it works perfect. ive only tested with my own power supply, the one that came with it for some reason has a connecter block attatched to the wire coming from the plug, dont ask me why. I havent tried this yet but will see if its working later.

looking for anything retro of equal value i dont have already. to make it easier i guess here is what consoles i have already.

NES
    SNES
    MEGADRIVE
    MEGADRIVE II
    MEGACD II
    N64
    GAMECUBE
    GAMEGEAR
    GBA
    ATARI 2600
    PS2
    PSONE
    XBOX

Think thats everything.

Ive a NES going too in the other thread in here if anyone is interested. will combine the two for something good ;0

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I tested the plug, the atari light came on then went back off again, i dunno this might be fixable, take a look at the image below and you can see what was done to the power supply.

IMG_9109.jpg

I can confirm 100% the Atari works with my own power supply so the issue is just with this one.

heres a pic of the atari, controller and game.

IMG_9107.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'll have a poke around and see if I've anything
    off the top of my head I've a spare Xbox, if you're interested (handy for softmodding I guess), and a spare gba sp
    Although ironically I need a PSU for the VCS I have already though!

Ive two xboxs myself and a GBAsp already, unless its a backlit one! let me know if you find anything else.

how about a boxed c64 , tape deck and and a few games for the NES and 2600?

let met get back to you, i have to think about this one, not sure i want a c64 to be honest, im a consoles man!

• Advertisement

This is gone now to Luas_Dublin along with the NES

muchas gracias there keith
    I rewired that powersupply [cut that wire strip terminals in half , spliced the cable and sealed it with the connector]and its working(although I'm never 100% happy using a power supply that isnt in percect nick so I'll change it out shortly), so had great craic reuniting with my VCS collection yesterday ;)

Happy days, im a bit of a perfectionist about that stuff myself. I open, clean and fix everything i get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'll have a poke around and see if I've anything
    off the top of my head I've a spare Xbox, if you're interested (handy for softmodding I guess), and a spare gba sp
    Although ironically I need a PSU for the VCS I have already though!

get one of these set to 6V and you're flyin
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/ac-dc-multi-voltage-1000ma-power-supply-46107

• Advertisement

Spacedog wrote: »
    cheers , isnt it 9v though?
    Also I've also been a bit confused about exactly whats ok and what isnt.
    I think (and I may be horribly wrong) voltage has to be the same , polarity the same , and ampage needs to be either the same or a little bit higher...anyone able to clarify though?:)

anyone know if he psu off a atari woody works on a junior? the one i got with the woody needs the cables fixed but i want to test the console to see if it works.

keithgeo wrote: »
    anyone know if he psu off a atari woody works on a junior? the one i got with the woody needs the cables fixed but i want to test the console to see if it works.
    As far as I know they're the same spec and will work , but!! it might be worth searching/asking over at atariage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement