Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Candy Cab order

• 18-07-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭

If anyone is thinking of getting a cab from Ronnie around the end of August or in Sept(whenever he gets this new large batch in) and wants to save on the usual 240 delivery rate let me know.

I'm waiting to put a large order in and he said the shipping would be a lot less for multiple cabs(price per cab obviously).

Anyway, the offer is there :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Does she know about THIS cab yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

RedXIV wrote: »
    Does she know about THIS cab yet :P

Haha, yeah my first candy(Egret 3) should arrive shortly and she is now aware of the situation(was gonna leave it as a surprise but she was wondering why I had an arcade machine shaped space reserved in the living room when we got some new furniture in). This is another order for 5 or 6 cabs I have yet to stick in.

I want to get the first one received and reviewed before I give my blessing to another much larger order. The new order is not just for me by the way in case anyone thinks I'm opening up a mini arcade in Shankill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    The new order is not just for me by the way in case anyone thinks I'm opening up a mini arcade in Shankill :D

Aw :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    Haha, yeah my first candy(Egret 3) should arrive shortly and she is now aware of the situation(was gonna leave it as a surprise but she was wondering why I had an arcade machine shaped space reserved in the living room when we got some new furniture in). This is another order for 5 or 6 cabs I have yet to stick in.

I want to get the first one received and reviewed before I give my blessing to another much larger order. The new order is not just for me by the way in case anyone thinks I'm opening up a mini arcade in Shankill :D

Damn, you could've changed yer username to '$teve $I' then. :pac:
    Seriously though, roughly how long have you been waiting on your current inbound cab? Does he post up a list of what types of cabs he gets do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How much are they and who is ronnie?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    How much are they and who is ronnie?

Ronnie is the Santa Claus of arcade cabinets :)

I'm pretty sure I saw a list somewhere recently Andrew where he said what kind of cabs he had inbound. Would be great to have a selection! Sure beats the old 'take what ye can get' days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

How much in total would you be talking if i were to go in with with you on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Damn, you could've changed yer username to '$teve $I' then. :pac:
    Seriously though, roughly how long have you been waiting on your current inbound cab? Does he post up a list of what types of cabs he gets do you know?

I think my cab has been sent by lame donkey via Australia at this stage :o

How much in total would you be talking if i were to go in with with you on this?

I'm not sure yet as I'm still trying to get the shipping info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Jebus,
    I had to wait a while for Ronnie to get his hands on a tri-synch chassis.

But once he shipped it,mine arrived in less than a week:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Question: why DON'T you set up an underground arcade?

Invite-only, pay in beer & pizza.
    I remember reading some guy in California did it, and it was a hotbed for gaming skills.

(It's what I'd do, but I have another ~10yrs to go before I can even dream of this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Steve SI: Sir, you have a PM :)

Master of the Universe

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

We need our own Arcade Street like in Paris :)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Invite-only, pay in beer & pizza.
    I remember reading some guy in California did it, and it was a hotbed for gaming skills.

Would be nice to have a rented warehouse or office space and fill it with some cabs, invite only as you say.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    We need our own Arcade Street like in Paris :)

Lovely machines there. Too many fighters and French people though! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a rented warehouse or office space and fill it with some cabs, invite only as you say.

Lovely machines there. Too many fighters and French people though! :p

Could be done well cheap at the moment, invite only wouldn't pay the rent/costs though, keep it out of a residential area(ie. you need to drive or get a bus to it, or even just off the beaten track, try keep the scobies away) and you'll only get people with a genuine interest.
    Daft search
    I'm in on that venture, no french though :D

just while this is all be speculated about, I'm totally on for supporting an underground arcade :D

Master of the Universe

While on the bus going up Talbot Street today, there was a door with a To Let sign. On the sign it said -

'Former amusement arcade'.

I wonder what exactly they mean by that? Is it a room full of arcade cabs? Is it a room set up for the installation of cabs? Odd.

just while this is all be speculated about, I'm totally on for supporting an underground arcade :D

Could get atavan to stand at the door and keep the non-NES owning riff-raff out. :pac:
    While on the bus going up Talbot Street today, there was a door with a To Let sign. On the sign it said -

I wonder what exactly they mean by that? Is it a room full of arcade cabs? Is it a room set up for the installation of cabs? Odd.

Hmm Talbot St you say, probably translates to "dark, dingy and certain death if there's a fire". Like arcades in the good aul days. :)

Barneys?
    think all their machines went up the north, was offered a Who want to be a millionaire from there for €50 at one stage but wouldn't have been allowed to bring it into the house:rolleyes:

The further an arcade is from talbot street the better:D

Master of the Universe

Ah, I've heard of this Barneys before. Was never in it though (no idea where it's located).

It was down the dodgy end of Talbot street, on the left if you're driving towards O Connell Street.

From what I could tell it was just a door. I don't think the place for rent was on the ground floor..might have been over/under/behind a shop?

Ah, I've heard of this Barneys before. Was never in it though (no idea where it's located).

It was down the dodgy end of Talbot street, on the left if you're driving towards O Connell Street.

From what I could tell it was just a door. I don't think the place for rent was on the ground floor..might have been over/under/behind a shop?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=talbot+street+dublin&hl=en&ll=53.350234,-6.257862&spn=0.000455,0.001717&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.099308,79.013672&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=53.350142,-6.257492&panoid=RYXsGvi9bZ4I_G_5rIo3rg&cbp=12,196.91,,0,-0.13
    better location here :D
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=talbot+street+dublin&hl=en&ll=53.34987,-6.257346&spn=0.000451,0.001206&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.099308,79.013672&t=h&layer=c&cbll=53.34987,-6.257346&panoid=PQJDXbBdWKYeh5P5We1b9g&cbp=12,287.65,,0,11.12&z=20

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Wonder how much it'd cost to rent that....

Master of the Universe

Wonder how much it'd cost to rent that....

I've no idea. I'm sure in the current economic climate (man I hate that phrase) it wouldn't be too much?

That, 20 candy cabs from Ronnie and you'd be living the dream!

Ah no! you'd need to factor in games too. This may get very expensive.

I've no idea. I'm sure in the current economic climate (man I hate that phrase) it wouldn't be too much?

That, 20 candy cabs from Ronnie and you'd be living the dream!

Ah no! you'd need to factor in games too. This may get very expensive.

Just tell CiderMan to set up there, job done :)

In all hoenstly, its a bit of a coincidence but I was trying to see if I could find somewhere small enough to hold a couple of cabs recently. At least I know I'd have company if i set it up :D

Its a plan lads, between a few of us it could be done no problems.
    Couple of woodies, couple of candys, pool table(for arguements), few pins and a sweet machine. Sorted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

id say if everyone on this forum bunched together we could open a museum of gaming. :pac:

oh man I'd love this, when are we viewing this warehouse again :D
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/arcade-machine-turbo-outrun/733421

That's gorgeous, looks in great condition too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

i predict a generous offer of fiver for candy cab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Barney's Amusements used have Atomiswave cabs (and even one with a Majong control panel) a few years ago. Think they took everything out though. Been a while since I last looked.

I was offered cabs from there for €20-€50 when they were closing back in i think 2005/6.
    I might have a viewing of the place for rent and have a look, out of interest see what's in there

Master of the Universe

Just an update on this. I checked again today just to see exactly where it was. It's not Barney's unfortunately :(

It's further down. If you're coming up Talbot Street from Conolly station it's the first block of buildings on the left before the bridge. There's an Airsoft shop beside it called something like 'Airsoft Goodfellow'.

Saying that, Barney's may be for rent anyway. Worth a shot!

Advertisement