Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrical Songwriter Wanted...

Options
  • 18-07-2011 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in our band maybe performing on of their lyrical songs?

obviously there would be some sort of contractual agreement involved before hand...

Just starting off in our early youth and looking for a couple of songs to get the ball rolling...

we'd be looking for something poetic rather than lovey-dovey....

were a rather big band,alot of multi instrumentalists...

if anyone would be interested please get in touch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Are you proposing to (A) write the music for someone's lyrics or (B) (kind of) do a cover of someone else's tune with their singer?

If it's option A then I may know someone who may know people, I could get in touch with them for you, and if it's B, maybe look to the cabaret/blues kind of people. A night in JJ Smyth's and approaching singers afterwards might be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

Hey Man,

it would be more A than B,

someone who would be willing to maybe tweek them a bit too to suit our style etc...

I would be open to B I guess also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Hey Man,

it would be more A than B,

someone who would be willing to maybe tweek them a bit too to suit our style etc...

I would be open to B I guess also...

Got an example of what you are looking for? Inspirations etc?

What type of multi-instrumentalists? These days that can mean anything.

well,I keep using them as an influence on here,there a personal influence of mine,Arcade Fire would be hugely influencing on me personally....

i can PM on you some links if you'd like?

with regards to instruments,we have a wide array,Cellist,Violinist,Keyboardists,Xylophone,as well as the usual band members like Drums,Bass,Rhythm Guitarists...

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

Im a songwriter and I do poetic rather than lovey dovey. pm me for details. Im a singer too, so I would rather have some role in the production but if you wanted to use my lyrics with credit given I'd be up for that.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭hponboard

I wrote a few tunes with my last band, and i think just as they might have been close to completions we broke up.
    if you PM me a email i could sent you a recording of them and if your interested let me know, and sure at the very least i'd get some feedback

bump!

anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

PM sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 WillGMusic

Hey,

I am a songwriter from dublin. Please have a listen to 2 of my songs at the below link. i have a number of other songs too but these will give you an idea of what im about.

If your interested gjust give me a shout.

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/WillG2007

Cheers
    Will

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

Hey, I've got a few poems/lyrics, ready to go. PM me if you'd like some examples. I've gotten really good feedback from a few people. Some are a bit deep, but let me know if you're interested.

Still Looking...

Still Looking Part 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 katt_2000

Still?!Might be able to give you guys a hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lucysh

howaya, ye still looking for someone? is it just lyrics you are looking for or a singer also? dya have any links for your music? i like the sound of you'se, mad into arcade fire myself.

still looking...willing to pay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Songs

Hiya,
    Where is your band based?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garf

Can/would you provide the vocal melody as well as the instrumentals?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pomegranates

Sent you a PM there...

Hey...were based in City Centre Dublin,Pm us for more details..

We would provide the vocal melody,but if its already done and suits the style were going for we don't mind using that one...

bump...

anyone...?

Advertisement