Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time tatoo Advice

Options
  • 18-07-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all

Ive been toying with the idea of gettin a tatoo on my thigh for a few years, recently got dumped and this is going to be my present to myself.
    ill attach the design i want to get done.
    im basicly looking for any and all advice ie where is a good place to go to get it done, cost etc. im based in dublin

cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Thats a really nice design that. Cost wise, it could be around 250€ mark, depending on how long it takes. Snakebite on Abbey Street, Colourworks opposite Central Bank, Wildcat Ink in Stephens Green shopping centre or just around corner from Jervis Luas Stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cuffem

cheers man.
    yeah its the symbol for the archangel raphael
    ive been thinkin about it for a while so figured now herself is goin im goin to get it :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I'd have been inclined to say the cost could vary, to be honest, depending on the artist, the size you settle on and wheter it's going to be only as detailed as the motif in the link.

Your thigh is pretty big, some people regard it as the next-best canvas for a tattoo after your back, because it's relatively big and flat. If you filled the thigh and did it in detailed black and grey it could take longer and thus cost more.

I would look at portfolios (probably look for someone with a good black and grey portfolio, maybe one of the Eastern europeans), decide how big you want to go and worry about the money later... Money you can save up for, but you'll only get one crack at getting the tattoo itself right, no point in getting what you can afford now versus waiting to be able to afford what you want later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cuffem

cheers blacksheep. that makes alot of sense. i was looking at the same detail but about 6 inches x 4 1/2inches size
    do you know anyone/ anywhere in particular that would be a good recommendation for the detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Just stay away from "Dublin Ink", Best bet is Sanke Bite, Zulu (Sean) and Skin City (Remus)

Remus is doing my sleeve and is prob the best i've seen in a long time, Sean is brilliant to if you can tie him down!

There's also a guy in Waterford City, JMD's he's prob the best Japanese style artist in the country and his finished work is unbelievable!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement