Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP Advice

• 18-07-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Folks,

I just got a new line installed in my house, in Broadford Co Kildare and it's good for broadband.

I have the below options and was wondering if anybody had any experiences with any of the ISPs below ?

Eircom - offering 3mb with a contention ratio of 42:1
    Perlico - offering up to 6mb but didn't know the contention ratio ?
    Smart - offering up to 7.6mb with a contention ratio of 42:1
    Magnet - offering up to 7.6mb with a contention ratio of 12:1

I previously had Perlico 3mb when living in another place in Clonard, Meath and found the service to be quite good, stable connection and their tech support where very helpful.
    I've read reviews on Eircom, Smart and Magnet on the web and to be honest, I'm not sure what to believe. Some seem to have had endless issues with each of the ISPs and some seem to had no trouble.

Basically, I am wondering which would be the best ISP for stable online gaming and a bit of web browsing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Anthony

Advertisement