Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC billing problems

Options
  • 18-07-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I am just off the phone to UPC regarding billing for the umpteent time without any sucess.
    I took out basic sub for tv and they gave me two months "free" trial of sky sports and movies. My bill was to be 20 euro a month for apartment connection.
    my first bill came in at 31plus euro which i paid now i get a further bill for 31plus again despite assurances from that my bill would be under 20 euro.
    They were also trying to take 68euro from my account and when I queried this they said it will be credited back next month.What a scam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zuffzuff

zuffzuff wrote: »
    I am just off the phone to UPC regarding billing for the umpteent time without any sucess.
    I took out basic sub for tv and they gave me two months "free" trial of sky sports and movies. My bill was to be 20 euro a month for apartment connection.
    my first bill came in at 31plus euro which i paid now i get a further bill for 31plus again despite assurances from that my bill would be under 20 euro.
    They were also trying to take 68euro from my account and when I queried this they said it will be credited back next month.What a scam
    I will not be paying any bill and cancelled direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Did you look to see what was entailed in the €31 bill? or did they tell you?

Did you look to see what was entailed in the €31 bill? or did they tell you?
    They gave me speil about how they are charging me for the "FREE" trial of sky sports and movies and a refund will be made next month if i cancel it

Yeah that sounds dodgy as feck, why charge you for a trial and then give it back?

If you didn't ask for the trial in the first place, I would ring em up and demand it removed and the charges for it refunded.

Going off their site, mainly this page http://www.upc.ie/television/digitalvalueplus/ , you're not being charged for Sky Sports and Movies.

There doesnt seem to be any TV package below €20 either, unless they remove the box or something.

Sky Sports is €33.00 extra a month so theres no way you're being charged for it. If you were the bill would be over €50 each month.

• Advertisement

Yeah that sounds dodgy as feck, why charge you for a trial and then give it back?

If you didn't ask for the trial in the first place, I would ring em up and demand it removed and the charges for it refunded.
    yes it does appear dodgy and the chap in the bank tells me lots of complaints about overcharging to direct debits and the bank is looking into suspending upc d/d account

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Im in the same boat, my bill is all over the shop lately

100Mb & phone

€79 first month
    €108 second month
    €85 this month

Gonna ring them now

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, my bill is all over the shop lately

100Mb & phone

€79 first month
    €108 second month
    €85 this month

Gonna ring them now
    My daughter cancelled her sub because of what you just quoted

yes it does appear dodgy and the chap in the bank tells me lots of complaints about overcharging to direct debits and the bank is looking into suspending upc d/d account
    Sorry to correct you but my sub is an apartment block aerial connection and is less than 20

Sorry to correct you but my sub is an apartment block aerial connection and is less than 20
    But do you have a UPC/NTL box?

• Advertisement

But do you have a UPC/NTL box?
    Chorus box and I am in a rural town so no record etc just a basic pkg and i was quoted 15.99 on connection with 2.99euro for non d/d the have been promising me to credit money to my account for "mistakes" amount 2.99 but never happened. also they told me only way to avoid 68e being taken from D/D was to cancel D/D hence the 2.99 credit

Chorus box and I am in a rural town so no record etc just a basic pkg and i was quoted 15.99 on connection with 2.99euro for non d/d the have been promising me to credit money to my account for "mistakes" amount 2.99 but never happened. also they told me only way to avoid 68e being taken from D/D was to cancel D/D hence the 2.99 credit
    The bank tells me it is very common for them overcharging and promising t5o credit back to peoples accounts but they never do

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Phoned them, they said it was clearly a mistake on their part and they will sort it within 24hours and credit me the different.

No worries - only human

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Phoned them, they said it was clearly a mistake on their part and they will sort it within 24hours and credit me the different.

No worries - only human
    Best of luck with that as I have heard reports that they are very unreliable when it comes to crediting back money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Always, politely, get the name of the person you speak to and note the time you called. I always write this on the bill so I have it to hand if I dont get the credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

I was part of an earlier thread on the very same issue. This companys reputation for billing is horrendous and if you want to contact them or complaint prepare yourself to wait. Can never get them on the phone and the email system is pretty much a joke.
    I complained and had to email them 1/2 a week for 6months to get a response. Eventually got a reply and a credit gesture on my account after the 6/7 months of trying.

I had to add on broadband there and there sales team is a bit of a joke too - they don't seem to know what is right and what is wrong. Wanted me to give them my bank details even though i'm on DD for the tv package. Next guy i spoke to told me his colleague was wrong.

My advice - Don't go with them if you can help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

UPC technically have a great product.

Their Customer service and billing sucks though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i had the exact same problem.

Paid what was due. cancelled the direct debit. Told UPC I would reinstate direct debit when the correct bill amount was sent to me other wise I would pay the recurring charge. I also said I wouldnt be paying the non direct debt cost.

Got it sorted out but took awhile to do

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

Their CS is pretty bad. I have TV , Internet and Phone. I noticed that I was paying €3 euro more per Month for the lot and getting lower Internet bandwidth...I rang and asked about this and they said I could not get the new "bundle" because i was not on a "bundle"...go figure.. I apparently purchased the different products at different times so technically they are not a bundle. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was bluntly told "he will tell you the same"...I'm not giving up and have a call into their Customer Loyalty team.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

runner2011 wrote: »
    Their CS is pretty bad. I have TV , Internet and Phone. I noticed that I was paying €3 euro more per Month for the lot and getting lower Internet bandwidth...I rang and asked about this and they said I could not get the new "bundle" because i was not on a "bundle"...go figure.. I apparently purchased the different products at different times so technically they are not a bundle. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was bluntly told "he will tell you the same"...I'm not giving up and have a call into their Customer Loyalty team.

OOOh i had the same line given to me. Good Luck getting through to loyalty team, was begining to think they were a fantasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

They gave me speil about how they are charging me for the "FREE" trial of sky sports and movies and a refund will be made next month if i cancel it

Yes there is about 8-20 euro unaccounted for in my bill

out of 4 times calling and one email ive been told all different things

one time I was told about the 20 euro fee
    another time i was told none of the one off charges would be on my bill
    was told in the shop i signed up in set up would be 20 not 60

got first bill for 90 euro second 125 (meant to be 65 plus charges)
    was told my first bill was 30 something so the others were making up for it i never got any letter for that ~"first" bill and its not on my online account

Now what the hell is going on and I'm lost as to what to do
    please help

cant disconnect, need the net and sigend up for a year to get the netbook so im not cancelling after all this set up cost

Advertisement