Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal County Counicl Student Job

Options
  • 18-07-2011 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi did anyone else get this six week placement with the Council or have it before? I got assigned to the housing department..not sure what I will have to do! I'm also wondering what the dress code is..really don't know what to wear! :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Smart casual at the least, you can call and ask they wont think it's a silly question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Shirt and trousers. Tie if you wanna be fancy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blah_

I'll skip the tie,,should of mentioned I'm a girl :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i suggest anything from this site....

http://www.3wishes.com/

:p but really just something thats smart casual will do perfectly.

• Advertisement

i suggest anything from this site....

http://www.3wishes.com/

:p but really just something thats smart casual will do perfectly.

haha I wouldn't get staying around 2 long! :p thanks I'm sure I'll sort out my fashion dilemma! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Where did you apply for this?

milford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Sent a CV last night on the off chance they wouldn't have filled all positions. So rang this morning to chase it up and spoke to HR and there was 370 applications in total :eek: , they picked 30 applicants 2 weeks ago.

There keeping me on file.....In A Filing Cabinet...:D

theboss80 wrote: »
    Sent a CV last night on the off chance they wouldn't have filled all positions. So rang this morning to chase it up and spoke to HR and there was 370 applications in total :eek: , they picked 30 applicants 2 weeks ago.

Omg that's crazy.. 370!! :O Don't know I managed to get picked!! :O I have sorted my fashion dilemma by the way was told i could wear anything as long it was wasn't scruffy :):p Ah well maybe u will get something in future then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

theboss80 wrote: »

370 applications?? I'm one of those who have been offered a place and I accepted it. But like OP I don't even know how I managed to get selected.
    OP, did you apply early?

If you're on facebook- check out LYIT career page, she was posting job vaccanies/internships a LOT but it seems to have quietened down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Dr. Bad Touch

OP - I did work experience there a few years back and it mostly consisted of compiling/editing spreadsheets and entering data from applications for things like people on housing waiting lists, just your basic computer drone work really, nothing too taxing :)

Advertisement