Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal County Council Student Job

Options
  • 18-07-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi did anyone else apply for the six week placement with the council? Or done it before? I got assigned to the housing department, really don't have a clue what I will have to do there :confused: Also don't know what to wear, is it formal?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

blah_ wrote: »
    Hi did anyone else apply for the six week placement with the council? Or done it before? I got assigned to the housing department, really don't have a clue what I will have to do there :confused:Also don't know what to wear, is it formal?

Wear a suit on your first day and see how the others are dressed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

blah_ wrote: »
    Hi did anyone else apply for the six week placement with the council? Or done it before? I got assigned to the housing department, really don't have a clue what I will have to do there :confused: Also don't know what to wear, is it formal?

agree, it is always easier to dress down after first day then to dress up. first impressions always matter and if they see you in a suit first day, hair tidy and clean shaven it makes a good impression. shine your shoes also, it is amazing how many people notice shoes first on a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blah_

thanks I'm a girl so I'll go with a blouse and black trousers cant go wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Delancey wrote: »
    Wear a suit on your first day and see how the others are dressed .

Think i'd just ring up and ask the HR person to be honest..save a lot of blushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blah_

fashion dilemma sorted guys! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

I worked in Co Co for a summer, people there would mix it up, sometimes casual sometimes suits etc
    we were working behind closed doors as opposed to customer facing though

Advertisement