Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 months or 1 year?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I heard recently from a friend that a person now has to be signing on for a full year to qualify for back to education allowance. I haven't heard or seen this anywhere else and I figure someone here would know/be going through this.
    Any truth to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

"If you wish to attend a second level course you must be getting one of the social welfare payments listed below for at least 3 months (78 days of unemployment*) immediately before you start the course.

If you wish to attend a third level course you must be getting one of the social welfare payments listed below for 9 months (234 days of unemployment*)immediately before you start the course.

*If you are getting a jobseeker's payment, each day you are unemployed, except Sunday, is counted as a day of unemployment. "

Source : Citizens information website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I was on that site and read that myself. It simply may not have been updated with the relevant information yet. Which is why I decided to ask here, a mature student would be in the know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I'm a mature student, going back in September and afaik it's 9months. Social Welfare office didn't tell me any different.

Advertisement