Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando Pirates 19th July 2011

Options
  • 18-07-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

So what does everyone reckon after our disappointing result against Chiefs?

Not too optimistic to be honest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Don't worry about it.

It's a shirt selling exercise nothing to do with football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

So what does everyone reckon after our disappointing result against Chiefs?

Not too optimistic to be honest...

Pre season results not worth a wa*k mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Ah I know but I'd still like to see us playing with some level of passion/skill - the game against chiefs was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Anyone got a link for this game?

Should definitely be a few links here later on today:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=122854&part=sports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I dont think pre-season results should be dismissed so out of hand.

Normally we are a bit hit n' miss in these friendlies (as our most teams) and we start the season like that too.

But A few years ago .. a good few years ago in fact (possibliy the season we bough Chris Armstrong in the close season), we we brutal in pre-season and worse when the PL started. We lost all our pre-season games and scrapped out a few draws in the first 6 weeks of the league.

I suppose my point is - if you win most/all of your pre-season games then there's some chance you'll carry that form into the opening games.

But, if you lose all your pre-season games, what chances have you of winning all of your first 6, 8 or 10 games - none. So pre-season does matter IMO.

Normally we are a bit hit n' miss in these friendlies (as our most teams) and we start the season like that too.

But A few years ago .. a good few years ago in fact (possibliy the season we bough Chris Armstrong in the close season), we we brutal in pre-season and worse when the PL started. We lost all our pre-season games and scrapped out a few draws in the first 6 weeks of the league.

I suppose my point is - if you win most/all of your pre-season games then there's some chance you'll carry that form into the opening games.

But, if you lose all your pre-season games, what chances have you of winning all of your first 6, 8 or 10 games - none. So pre-season does matter IMO.

I agree - second half of the chiefs game was pretty much our first team squad, better to be on a winning streak rather than heading into the start of the season with a series of losses under your belt (if playing first tier players).... not good for morale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

yeah but remember the preseason we sold keane and berbatov, we were on fire, beat everyone I can remember D.Bent scoring a hatful against norwich. But when the season started we were dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 coola

yeah but remember the preseason we sold keane and berbatov, we were on fire, beat everyone I can remember D.Bent scoring a hatful against norwich. But when the season started we were dire

yep and dos santos was rampant, as good as ronaldinho we were told

pre season means nothing.

the fact that luca is due to play tonight is the only important part of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Here's our line-up -
    Friedel;
    Naughton, Kaboul, Khumalo, Rose;
    Bentley, Modric, Palacios, Bale;
    Van der Vaart, Defoe.

The subs - Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Walker, Jenas, Kranjcar, Lennon, Keane, Pavlyuchenko.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Modric is captain as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

****ing vuvuzela's :mad:

Spot on, Id rather we lost every pre season game if it meant 3 points v Everton.

Second half we looked awful, Pav in particular. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrPieman

I'm following spurs 20 years now, and still crap. Bad buys too often. Pav, Palacious, bentley and defoe need to go.
    WE ARE THE WANNABE'S OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

What was the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrPieman

1-1.
    VDV from a free on edge of box. Quality goal. Luka was supposed to have played well

MrPieman wrote: »

What does that mean ?

MrPieman wrote: »
    I'm following spurs 20 years now, and still crap. Bad buys too often. Pav, Palacious, bentley and defoe need to go.

"still crap" - were you not watching the last 2 seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

coola wrote: »
    "still crap" - were you not watching the last 2 seasons

you need to follow them for 50 and you will see what crap is!

Last season we reached QF of CL - beat both the holders Inter and AC Milan - i think you need perspective - money is the real God now - City, Utd and Chelsea can spend unlimited funds - Liverpool have made quite a few too - we are battling Arsenal now for players.

galinka wrote: »
    you need to follow them for 50 and you will see what crap is!

Last season we reached QF of CL - beat both the holders Inter and AC Milan - i think you need perspective - money is the real God now - City, Utd and Chelsea can spend unlimited funds - Liverpool have made quite a few too - we are battling Arsenal now for players.

if i supported them for 50 then i would have enjoyed the following :

Since then, Tottenham have won the FA Cup a further seven times, the Football League twice, the Football League Cup four times, the UEFA CupUEFA Cup Winners' Cup. The Cup Winners' Cup victory in 1963 made Tottenham the first English team to win a UEFA competition. In 1960–61 they were the first team to complete The Double in the Twentieth Century. twice and also the

it might be under achieveing but definietely not crap

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Don't worry about it.

It's a shirt selling exercise nothing to do with football.

In Africa, land of the fakes, I think not.

Advertisement