Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is Brendan Smyth?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    He can campaign for whatever he wants, what did you ever campaign for anyway ??

I don't campaign for a better hospital because I know too many of the managers in there ....which means it is impossible to have a better hospital.

Because I am not a campaigner. Smyth is and Smyth has achieved a lot with his campaigning. The hospital would be a local issue.

BTW, there is no need to get all emotional and personal in your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

He went for the local elections for the Terryland area once.The Terryland area doesnt have a proper local rep on the council,hasnt for years,hence the 25 year wait for a community centre in the area:mad:.
    I remember Brendan years ago coming up to my house to talk to my dad who was briefly the chairperson of one of the local residents associations around there.He'd come up at all hours of the night talking about minor little things.You have to admire his energy still campaigning away all these years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Aiel wrote: »
    He went for the local elections for the Terryland area once.The Terryland area doesnt have a proper local rep on the council,hasnt for years,hence the 25 year wait for a community centre in the area:mad:.
    I remember Brendan years ago coming up to my house to talk to my dad who was briefly the chairperson of one of the local residents associations around there.He'd come up at all hours of the night talking about minor little things.You have to admire his energy still campaigning away all these years later.

Terryland is a massive area which still has very few facilities. A politician would be putting on pressure for improvement because he would be looking kudos and votes but Smyth seems to be doing it for selfless reasons.

Advertisement