Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win one of 3 Festival Packs thanks to ESBstore.ie!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Favourite lyric " Dam this traffic jam , now i know I'm going to be late " ...James Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Isle of Wight Festival 1970, what a line up

iowposter.l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I have festival fever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

unfortunately wont be making it as something has comeup, but i remember the good ole times at music festivals, like Trip to Tipp.
    the good days when there was hardly any trouble, and when music was good.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Arcade fire :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Festivals + summer = bliss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Welcome Techmaster.

I was always a big PG Wodehouse fan and if I had had a band I wanted to call it "The Drones Club". Unfortunately all the mates were drones and it never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭osullic

Arcade fire
    I wish people wouldn't píss on other peoples' tents

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Missed Body n Sould this year but well in for next year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm looking forward to the Lollapolooza festival in Chicago in less than 3 weeks time! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Amanda Brunker rocked Oxygen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Killing Joke at Electric Picnic singing Asteroid!

And the 3rd Angel sounded
    And a star fell from heaven
    Burning as it were a lamp
    And it fell upon the 3rd part of the waters

Asteroid

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

It was 1994 and the acts included The Prodigy, Blur, The Cranberries, Bjork, Rage Against the Machine, House of Pain and Cypress Hill.
    Those who attend open air festivals today would probily be appalled by the basic, no-frills set up. Still, what it lacked in amenities and creature comforts, it amply made up for in sheer camaraderie, energy and carefree chaos.
    Ahh thoes were the days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

avoid the long-drops on the monday morning still having nightmares to this day

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

looking forward to retiring the festival tent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

Im looking forward to Electric Picnic. The Chemical Brothers are never a disappointment. Such great songs they have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Will be attending electric picnic this year for the first time :) Winning a kit would really help me on my way:p really looking forward to the chemical brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

The mud, the wellies, the ponchos, the flu. Irish music festivals have it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MightyMouse!

Ill be working at Castlepaloooooooza this year! woop woop, cannot wait to see all the acts that i've never heard of while rubbing my nipples up against strangers in the crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Andrew! You've got my inhaler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Had the ingenius idea a few years back at a festival to stick an argentina flag to the tent, so we could find it easier. Except we had no rope, so we tied it to the bottom. Completely useless as a landmark, but it did help to clean my shoes when getting in to the tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

:DFavourite Lyric: "We'll have our own Las Vegas in the hills of Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mysticalman

I was in oxygen....random girl walked past and told me I was a hunk. Think she was drunk!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

So loved oxygen this year

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Rant1

I was in oxygen....random girl walked past and told me I was a hunk. Think she was drunk!!!!!!

Reminds me of:

Sandra: I think you're cool, Homer Simpson.

Friend: Sandra, that was mean. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 2020pd

My band would be called See a Man About a Dog. Ha ha! Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Saw Bryan Adams at the Marquee in Cork.
    Even with only know a handful of his (older) songs, I can say the performance was outstandind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yaya16

Fantastic:)

With festival fever well under way, we are giving you a chance to win a fantastic, funky, fabulous, festival-fit prize.

Three lucky music fans will win a festival pack, thanks to ESBstore.ie. These energy efficient packs include a solar powered mobile charger, a wind-up solar powered radio, and a LED hand torch which should help you find your tent at the end of the night.

5936903009_95848919d2.jpg

5936902915_37e4ee0803_m.jpg

To be in with a chance of winning, simply comment or tell us something, anything music festival related - perhaps the act you are most looking forward to seeing this summer, your favourite festival, a lyric you love, or even what you'd call your band if you were to start one...

Winners will be chosen at random and the competition will run until midnight Sunday 24th July - see our terms & conditions here.

Best of luck!

PS. We're delighted to be Electric Picnic's energy partner again this year - we may have tickets to give away, so watch this space![/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

EP is the best wkend in Ireland :) arecade fire , The chem brothers , santigold & trentemoller are gonna be so good :) this wkend is much more than just music , you can wonder for hours in the mindfield and not see every nook & cranny . looking forward to see ye all there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭fluky1

when glastonbury 2011 was on recently our favourite bands were U2 Coldplay and Beyonce was not bad either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement