Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win one of 3 Festival Packs thanks to ESBstore.ie!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm going to Pukkelpop in a month and I can't wait for foo fighters. That mobile charger would be pretty handy to have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kearney13

I got lost and ended up in a field full of cows at body & soul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Arcade Fire/DJ Shadow in the flesh, me gusta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I got burgulerized at Oxegen and all I have left for the Picnic is a self inflating matteress :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Would love to go to Electric Picnic this year :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Think I might make my way over to Stradbally just to see Arcade Fire again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Alas Oxegen is no longer a music festival but a poor excuse for drinking in a field while the dregs of commercial music prance about on stages, but the kit would go well at EP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

I have never been assaulted in any way at a music festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Beyonce - Good Jesus I love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dazzling_jem

God help me... I'm goign to to be cycling down to Electric picnic for charity! I may need the comfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Looking forward to seeing The Wombles playing at the O2 in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Never work at Oxegen. And if you do, don't work anywhere near the dance stage. And if you must be near the dance stage, find a way to murder Tim Deluxe, for he is the devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Five years ago, I headed down to Oxegen with a college friend of mine and three of his friends from where he lived. They were very posh friends. After getting over the initial shock when they realised I was from Finglas, they warmed up to me a bit and shared their packed paninis and mandarins during the bus ride, when they accepted I wasn't going to rob them blind. Iarflaigh (I swear to god that was his real name) showed me his lovely wellies and Ruairi talked to me at length about all about his favourite bands: Hard-Fi and The Kooks, as we made our way to where my friends were based.

Enter Bob. Bob is a good, old friend of mine. While he's very friendly, he's a bit scary looking. He has a head that looks like the FA cup and eyes that look act like they're trying to stare each other down. However as Ruairi and Iarflaigh met Bob for the first time, he was wearing no more than a thong with the words 'HELLO', written upside down upon his stomach in lipstick. They were aghast. Ruairi nearly threw up his strawberries and creme from earlier. I knew the feeling.

However, true to his word Bob had kept us a spot, had bought the tent I'd given him money the week before - and had even gone and erected the thing!

84089222a1332007587b555932672l.jpg

...After it blew away in the wind moments later, I had to find a new tent. The two posh lads had their own tent and the more normal lads (pictured) had their own ones too. It wasn't an option to ask Bob. Half his tent was taken over by glo-sticks and Jaffa cakes, and the other half was a muddy mess already.

I befriended two German guy nearby in a huge tent and they were happy to help me out. I put my head down for the night sometime after 1am.

I woke up at around 4am that night, feeling odd. A funny cloud surrounded me and the two Germans were laughing hysterically. I was quite hungry too. I got up with the lads and had a bit of drink with them to calm myself down. I honestly didn't realize what they were smoking and am quite against using drugs, myself. So, suffice to say I hadn't a clue what was going on, by this stage.

2744205298_5ca8b87b6f__57334__52577_zoom.jpg

I must mention I can't drink, though. The drink does the most damage to me. This was perhaps the first time I was aware of that. The other times involve tattoos and hairy women in my bed, but this was perhaps the weirdest of them all. I was led around the campsite by two hungry Germans, who eventually left me in a blankets, outside at a large screen tele with dozens of doughnuts, stoned and drunk to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy, on my own. My mind was blown, and my pants possibly soiled.

I awoke the next morning in some girls tent who had taken pity on me and her and her friends kept me in their tent. I said my thanks and left for mine. I returned to my own tent, with the intention of freshening up and heading off to see some music. I was greeted by a sight that did not sit well on my doughnutty stomach. Bob in his underpants, apparently dancing to a crowd.

84089222a1332041008b212801689l.jpg

It got worse. He and Ruari had bonded overnight it seemed and were now, well, engaged in a spot of underpant wrestling...

84089222a1332047561b820665132l.jpg

The crowd cheered them on as they slapped each others bare backs and then took pot shots at removing each others undergarments.
    ...I'll spare you the grottier details, but suffice to say Ruairi lost:
    265080029_d8fd015767.jpg

This was only Saturday morning... I still had two days to go.

Anyway, as you can see that was my last festival experience - I think I deserve a better one. Especially as I've never been to EP, having been forced to sell my tickets for the past three years in a row due to weddings and a funeral. This year - I have to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I'm to claustrophobic to go to concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

I would really like to win !! They would come in handy for EP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

really looking forward to the smell of the portaloos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Looking forward to James Blake and Interpol at E.P. Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem and Leftfield were all savage last year on the Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

12 fuppin pages

For fup sake no fuppin chance of winning

you's are all backstards and grassholes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I have never been to electric picnic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xtina2010

lykke li................................................................................ nothing else needs to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 martins2309

I really want to go to Electric Picnic seeing as its my first year being legally able to!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

i was in a mob to get into the pit for arctic monkeys and when we broke through the barriers i was servilely trampled on and was bruised for about 2 weeks after wards!! no nutrition from oxegen lead to a slow recovery..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

INTERPOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Favourite lyric:

"She asked for a glove, he gave her a shove, and baby McHaggis - 9 months to the day!"

The wonderful Dropkick Murphys - Spicy McHaggis Jig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

God damm this competition is so misleading.I thought you could win free tickets, Not some light.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mkp

When i used to live abroad, i loved to stand on the beach and sway to the Reggae whilst sipping a local beer.

It did seem for a while as though i bought a curse along with me as any concert i went to see in Cane Garden Bay had a terrible effect on the artist that was performing - i went to see Culture and the lead singer died a month later and Gregory Issacs died not long after i saw him too.

Luckily i also saw Wycliff Jean - a fantastic showman, and nothing has happened to him since!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 m9934

Oh my my my, Oh my my my, Oh my my my my, July,
    Oh my my my, my my, Oh my my my my, July ......

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Someone stole ONE welly from my tent at last year's E.P :( and my chair with the cup holder!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Foo Fighters=EPIC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement