Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying tax after living in ireland for 10 years

• 18-07-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I became a US citizen after living there for 6 years, I came home in 1999, I have'nt paid any US tax siince I came home. I would like to look into sorting this out but I dont know if I have to fele for the full time I was here. I think I read somewhere that I would only have to go back 5 years.... I did my own tax returns there every year so could do it myself if only I knew where to start !!! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

bnear wrote: »
    I became a US citizen after living there for 6 years, I came home in 1999, I have'nt paid any US tax siince I came home. I would like to look into sorting this out but I dont know if I have to fele for the full time I was here. I think I read somewhere that I would only have to go back 5 years.... I did my own tax returns there every year so could do it myself if only I knew where to start !!! :confused:

Call the IRS. Seriously. You'll find their contact info here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Advertisement