Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Charges

Options
  • 18-07-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Visa bill just arrived today and on it are 8 €10 charges all labelled as BOARDS.IE, they are all within the same day and when i called the bank I was told that all the charges were put in within a minute of each other. I have never put up any card details on a forum or given them to another user. Any help with this would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Conor

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you a subscriber? Have you availed of any of the boards deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭box27

Nope nothing like that at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We'll get the guys in the office to check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What about adverts.ie?

Nope nothing on there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Might be a long shot but given the hack attack on boards do you happen to use the same password for online banking or online transaction sites?

Ha no I'm not that bad! When did this hack take place? The problem is that iit seems that boards.ie (or someone disguising themselves as it) is charging me for a service I didn't request and they somehow managed to get hold of my credit card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gordon wrote: »
    What about adverts.ie?
    Sorry, I meant boardsdeals, not adverts.ie

box27 wrote: »
    Ha no I'm not that bad! When did this hack take place? The problem is that iit seems that boards.ie (or someone disguising themselves as it) is charging me for a service I didn't request and they somehow managed to get hold of my credit card details.

The hack was January 2010.

Ok well considering these charges were for a €10 each and only went through on June 30th I doubt it was that but thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Box/Conor, I'm pming you for your details now and will talk to our accounts people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Closing and marking as Resolved as nothing else can be done on-thread and Dav is now dealing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement