Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ME in Mechanical Engineering

Options
  • 18-07-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hey I've just gotten accepted to the ME course in DIT and i was wondering has anyone here done the course and if they could tell me about it...in particular i was wondering about the project...how do you decide what you do...but all and any information is welcomed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kneeelix

I too have just been made an offer for this course. Id like to know abit more about the facilities and the lecturers who will be running the modules if possible. also who are the lectures sheduled so late in the evening? 12 hours of lectures a week seems way below par from what im used to. is 2 hours in each module a week adequate for a masters? what do you do for the rest of your time?are there labs? what about thursdays and fridays there is no indication as to what is sheduled for these days. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I'm kinda presuming the workload is going to be really heavy...trying to decide whether to keep on my part time job...more work but it'll look good to have eng experience too..

oh well...guess i'll be seeing you in a few weeks kneelix

Yea I may be seeing you in a few weeks. Havent fully decided if to take this course or not. It doesn't seem to be Accredited with Engineers Ireland and that makes me slightly worried. I will need to check this out.

I'd say hang on to your part time job as long as you can if you have one. the course may not be that intensive. You can always pack it in if things get too much after a week or two. Still don't know much about other course requirements like assignments or labs which will take up the rest of your time.

Here is the link to Engineers Irelands accredited courses if you fancy having a look :)
    http://www.engineersireland.ie/services/programme-accreditaton/accredited-programmes/

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Awh im not too bothered about the accreditied side of it. We've graduated our undergrad before 2013 so we only need the bachelors degree to allow us to charter and Engineers Ireland dont take the work you did on your masters into account when you go for chartered status whether your course was accredited or not.

You could try emailing the course organiser. I was wondering bout the project so asked him and he was nice and replied. Think its fergal.boyle@dit.ie

Incase you're wondering you can either choose your own project or be assigned one by a member of staff.

I guess other than that we'll find out on the 12th...thats the introduction evening I think

• Advertisement

Took me a while to reply! I've accepted another course so I won't be joining you this september but all the best in the course and I hope it works out well for you'. The reason I was worried about the accreditation was i'm looking at going abroad once finished and wanted to make sure it will be recognised. IT probably doesnt matter when it all boils down to it though. you can either do the job or you can't.:D

Advertisement