Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you wanted to get an Intel 320 SSD but...

Options
  • 18-07-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

...slammed on the brakes due to the 320 bug (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/235853/intel_investigates_possible_bug_in_ssd_320_drives.html) what SSD would you get instead?

I like the full packaging (mounting kit, screws, extra cables) and software that comes with the Intel SSDs along with the legendary Intel reliability so plan B is basically get either an older X25-M or a newer 510 (I'm aware it uses a non Intel controller).

Any thoughts? I'm not a speed freak and would opt for good, steady, reliable performance over blazing new record speeds.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

Champ wrote: »
    ...slammed on the brakes due to the 320 bug (http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/235853/intel_investigates_possible_bug_in_ssd_320_drives.html) what SSD would you get instead?

I like the full packaging (mounting kit, screws, extra cables) and software that comes with the Intel SSDs along with the legendary Intel reliability so plan B is basically get either an older X25-M or a newer 510 (I'm aware it uses a non Intel controller).

Any thoughts? I'm not a speed freak and would opt for good, steady, reliable performance over blazing new record speeds.

Crucial M4, no question about it.

Unlike the Intel and OCZ drives, they use controlers that DON'T SUCK. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Crucial's M4 is next in that line. I think you get an SATA cable with their drives, but you'll have to buy the rest.
    This generation of SSDs has been absolutely appalling for reliability. I think just about every manufacturer was in a hurry to release. The M4 is the best looking now, but backing up seems to be a necessity regardless of the drive.

Advertisement