Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercing Damage

Options
  • 18-07-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has their lip pierced and could tell me how much/little damage occurred to their teeth and gums?

I got mine pierced about 2 yrs ago and loved it but the piercer had put in a tiny bar that just got embedded in my lip so I freaked and took it out. I keep hearing that they really damage your gums and I really don't want that. Then again they say that about tongue piercings too and I've had my tongue piercing for 7 yrs now with no problems whatsoever, so I don't know what to believe!!

Is it just with bars or are rings better to stop the damage? Also, has anyone tried using bioplast jewellery and does that make any difference?

Thanks a mil :) :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I've had my lip done twice. The first time, whatever way it was pierced, it kept hitting the nerve in my tooth and made my gum recede a bit so I took it out after like a month

When I went to get it repierced, I told the piercer this and he pierced it at an angle so it doesn't hit my tooth. I also replaced the bar with a plastic bar because I bit it, a lotttt. I've had it done for about a year and a half now and have had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I've had 2 of my lip piercings done about 6 years now and no damage to my teeth/gums. Haven't tried the bioplast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have a ring in my lip. No problems other than me playing with it when I get bored, but my teeth and gums are fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I have mine pierced and when I originally got it pierced i had a bio-plast bar in which is very good it dosent harm your teeth or gums but i bit through around 2 of the bars so i was going through them pretty quick but it still didnt harm my teeth or gums, i also had a steel ball closure ring and that didnt hit my gums or teeth only when i smile bt it still dosent damage my mouth and now i have a segment ring in and its my favourite it touches my teeth but only when i smile so it does no damage i also had a steel bar in for a small while it seemed ok, but with lip piercings i think its more about placement than what type of jewellery you use but in my opinion go with bio plast or a segment ring, best of luck with it!

Advertisement