Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3x3 trapdoor

• 18-07-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

I'm just starting to play around with pistons, as I finally have a use for them. I've just finished a fairly large darkroom trap, with about 12 dark levels going from sea level to almost bedrock. Mobs spawn inside and get washed into either of 2 vertical 3x3 shafts where they fall into a drowning trap so I can collect their goodies.

What I'm trying to do is create some kind of trapdoor, so I can seal off that 3x3 shaft to make it safe to mess around with the traps below or when I just want mobs to build up. I haven't got a lot of experience doing complicated stuff with Redstone and I'm totally new to pistons, so I'm stumped as to how I would do this. if it was a 2x2 shaft it would be easy, but sealing the middle block of that 3x3 shaft is a lot harder.

If anyone has any advice or knows of any tutorials that could help me out, that would be awesome! If you're not sure what I'm trying to accomplish I'll get screenshots.

Advertisement