Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie: League of Legends Season 1

• 18-07-2011 8:01pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to Season 1 of boards.ie server's League of Legends!

What is League of Legends?
    Not in any way related to the PC superhit, League of Legends will basically be a PvP league on the server. There will be several categories of combat:
    - Bare knuckle
    - Sword
    - Axe
    - Bow & Arrow
    - TNT
    - Spleef

How will it work?
    Every contestant will have to play every other contestant (a league basically), in every category. Each category will played in 2 week (or 3, depending on numbers) periods.

When 2 players are ready to dual it out on the server, there is a few general rules to be acknowledged:
    - They must fight it out in the designated arena (TBC)
    - An admin must be present to witness the fight.

Games will be either best of 3/5, depending on the category. 2 points will be awarded to the winner, and 1 point in the exceptional circumstance of a draw.

How do I enter?
    Post your name here and you'll be automatically be entered into the league. The league table will be updated twice/thrice weekly. There will be weekly prizes and a host of prizes for the top 3 at the end of the season.

So, without further ado, let me introduce the first category this season: Bare Knuckle Fighting!

- Best of 5 games
    - No armour allowed
    - No blocks allowed
    - Must be witnessed by an admin
    - Location TBC

Remember, mcmmo is implemented, so the better you train in combat, the better the chance to truly come out on top!

The league is now open to applicants. Bare Knuckle fighting will commence a week from today.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I'm in of course :P

Also, if an admin is fighting, that doesn't count as "an admin present". There must be another to observe the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Add me in please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Add me in Cherry, I'll school you noobz:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19 A Chara

Add me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

The actual game "League of Legends" popped into my mind :)

Anyway, count me in.
    With the mcmmo, bland has already won :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Xenon560 wrote: »
    With the mcmmo, bland has already won :(

Which is why I'm giving it a week to play catchup. It's bareknuckle this month so all you have to do is improve your bare-handed skills :P

Which is why I'm giving it a week to play catchup. It's bareknuckle this month so all you have to do is improve your bare-handed skills :P
    Time is meaningless, you'll all lose :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

when it gets to the swords I am in

I think you have to be in for all of them not just one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah its a league that continues throughout. If you only enter one you're bottom of the league I'm afraid :P Unless we decide to change the rules slightly and of the 6 categories, we do an 'average' score at the end of each category, and lets say... your best 3/4 are only counted. Dunno. Messy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'm down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭nimrod86

I'll play!

Update on the rules:

- Iron armour will be allowed for the matches
    - The Beserk ability can only be used ONCE per match. Failure to comply will result in disqualification from the match. 3 disqualifications black flags you from the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Update on the rules:

The Beserk ability can only be used ONCE per match.

How do you use that?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    How do you use that?
    You have to right click a block when holding nothing. You can't activate it when looking at a person or something that can be used (door, switch, button, so on).
    Then left click anything and hey presto :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Can I put a bid in for the first host :P

I Building a place to host it atm.

Still a bit of work to go but here's the general idea

20110721225144.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Time is meaningless, you'll all lose :cool:

Lol

This starts tonight lads and runs through to Saturday. We'll be using either crow's or stokolan's arena as our Week 1 Arena. Stok are you almost done with your arena?

Also also, can people plz post your Minecraft usernames as well? Confusing making this league when people have a different boards and mc username :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

i presume there is a spectators box ? :P

Additional rules!

- We're now using leather armour instead of Iron armour for the unarmed fighting
    - The winner of the round can top up their health but NOT their armour. This gives the other player a chance to rekindle their chances of winning

Also scody, depends on the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Ok I'll get onto the stadium now to finish it lol, What time is this on at?

I have pictues of the first fight between cherryghost and Blandkitten. I'll upload them later tonight when I get a chance. :D

Bland whooped me 3-0 :(

Sorry lads. I was busy in work the last 3 days today is my only day off and im back in work tomorrow for another 3 days of 12 hour shifts. Its still at where it is in the picture.

Not sure when ill get it completed! Stupid work.

The pictures, as promised. I'll probably add more of other fights later if nobody objects.

Start of first round
    matchh.png

The lads mid-combat
    match2v.png

And the winner, Blandkitten (With referee Xenon in the background)
    match3c.png

Stokolan wrote: »
    Sorry lads. I was busy in work the last 3 days today is my only day off and im back in work tomorrow for another 3 days of 12 hour shifts. Its still at where it is in the picture.

Not sure when ill get it completed! Stupid work.

Right I have it kind of completes now. Feel free to use it.

It takes about 3 min to get to where it is by cart.

Just follow the signs and you'll find it.

You're going to have to mark me (Bradles49) off this weeks competition. Haven't been able to play all week and today and tomorrow wont be any different. Sorry 'bout that.

Advertisement