Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick your own fruit Farms?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any pick your own fruit farms in Ireland? Preferably in the Dublin area or within driving distance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi Dara

I've been to one in Kilmacanogue, Wicklow.
    It's just off the N11, link here http://www.wicklowraspberries.com/raspberries.html

It's the only one I'm aware of but maybe some other posters may know of more.

Regards,
    Lj.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's Lambert's fruit farm in Rathfarnham, though I've never been so I can't say what it's like http://www.irelandlookup.com/1733865/Fruit_Growers/Dublin/Lamberts_Fruit_Farm/.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Brought the kids to Lamberts last week to pick strawberries. They loved it. You can get a bit carried away and pick too much so decide what you need before you go. If you want raspberries you need to be there on Saturday mornings at 10am sharp. I think they have loganberries and tayberries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are Lambs fruit farms still going out near Lusk? Used to be able to pick your own out there. Or Jones Fruit Farm near Donabate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are Lambs fruit farms still going out near Lusk? Used to be able to pick your own out there. Or Jones Fruit Farm near Donabate?

Lambs!! your showing your age there, think most of it is houses now. Jones moved from fruit farming into the garden centre business full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Can confirm that about Lambs' - my house is built on it. Nice soil :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Haven't been out that way in yonks alright. Good ground for the strawberries and apples :)

Advertisement