Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best AND Cheapest Pubs in city center

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

opinions? i think the best pub is the woolshed,players lounge and the temple bar but as far as price goes...not at all

so what are your favorite cheap and social pubs in dublin city center

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Moved from AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the sunset is a grand little pub

if you think the players lounge is the best op you need to see other pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgt.Peppers

haha ah dunno i been to a few good ones i just love the music and sports and live close to players lounge .. i find it a grand spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Messrs Maguire is my favourite spot. Just something about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

O'Reilly's underneath Tara St. is €3.20 a draft pint on Saturday nights and I think some other nights of the week, good music too, and other drinks promotions. Was there on a Saturday a few weeks back and had a deadly time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Does Dublin have a 'center' ? Thought those were just in U.S. cities, with an Irish city having a centre ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Does Dublin have a 'center' ? Thought those were just in U.S. cities, with an Irish city having a centre ?

Yes it has .Everywhere is within walking distance in the center of Dublin .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Peadar Kearney's on Dame Street isn't a bad pub and with most drinks costing €3.50 until 7 PM on weekdays (5 PM weekends) pretty good value. Had three pints of Carlsberg in there yesterday. Still had 50c left out of my tenner.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Peadar Kearney's on Dame Street isn't a bad pub and with most drinks costing €3.50 until 7 PM on weekdays (5 PM weekends) pretty good value. Had three pints of Carlsberg in there yesterday. Still had 50c left out of my tenner.:)

How the hell did you manage that :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

kona wrote: »
    How the hell did you manage that :o

Whoops, maths was never my strong point ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Stay away from the Players Lounge. I'm not gonna post the reasons, just stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

raheny red wrote: »
    Stay away from the Players Lounge. I'm not gonna post the reasons, just stay away!

Players Lounge is a grand little spot, good music, great for watching sport and nice food. The shooting of the doorman and punters there though will (rightly) turn a lot of people off the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Was in there yesterday. Pints go up to €5.20 after!! We were out the door then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

In the City Centre I enjoy O'Donoghue's on Baggot Street, not great prices though. For price I like Porterhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgt.Peppers

haha? well i think you might need to mate im interested

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

MacTurtaills on Tara St. is €3.50 for pints every Friday now. It used be 3.50 during the week too though think thats gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Players Lounge is a grand little spot, good music, great for watching sport and nice food. The shooting of the doorman and punters there though will (rightly) turn a lot of people off the place.

To be fair a lot of very dodgy stuff has gone on there over the years. Was there not another shooting there a few years prior to that? The previous owners were rumoured to be using it as a front for money laundering if I recall also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

The Bernard Shaw is great with drinks promotions all the time 12 euro for a pitcher of beer 3 bottles of beer for a tenner saturday night isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The Bernard Shaw is great with drinks promotions all the time 12 euro for a pitcher of beer 3 bottles of beer for a tenner saturday night isnt bad.

erm thats pretty normal value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

The Celt on Talbot St, good for music in the evening. Thats when its not full of spanish tourists sharing a 7-Up between them taking up every seat in the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I was in Kearney's on dame street, a pint of heineken and a vodka and coke cost me €7 because it was happy hour!
    There's been several post about the Players Lounge and it's generally regarded as a dump. Wouldn't consider it city centre either.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭michelledoh

Definitely Bernard Shaw and Twisted Pepper do great deals.
    10 options which are €10 each, like 3 bottles Brahms, Peroni, 2 cocktails etc.

Twisted Pepper also has unreal coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I personally like The Foggy Dew, The Stag's Head, The Gin Palace (when acoustic guitar guy isn't playing), Pravda (although it's a long time since I've been), The Dame Tavern, The International Bar, Grogan's, Hogan's (although can be a tad pretentious), McDaid's, Kehoe's.

I don't think any of them are particularly cheap but pretty much in line with everyday prices.

For the most part I like a bar with no music, no TV, and no young people in tracksuits - or loudmouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

I personally like The Foggy Dew, The Stag's Head, The Gin Palace (when acoustic guitar guy isn't playing), Pravda (although it's a long time since I've been), The Dame Tavern, The International Bar, Grogan's, Hogan's (although can be a tad pretentious), McDaid's, Kehoe's.

Reminds me of Celtic Tiger days.
    Awful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

It's called The Grand Social now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Chaplins on Hawkins St (Opposite the Screen cinema) do €4 for any pint, all day. They've also always got various promotions on bottles. And like all proper pubs should do, they've always got the Horse racing on

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Anto McC wrote: »
    Chaplins on Hawkins St (Opposite the Screen cinema) do €4 for any pint, all day. They've also always got various promotions on bottles. And like all proper pubs should do, they've always got the Horse racing on

Oh, good to know, thanks!! I guess they're in competition with MacTs and O'Reillys close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

O'Reillys Underneath Tara street dart station, All pints are always 3.20. Nice pub, usually buzzing ( not over busy on week nights tho )

Only problems ;
    Metal nights Saturday ( I don't mind but some people might not like )
    Woefull barstaff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Any good places for some trad music or some rebel bands?

Advertisement