Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alclad II Chrome - Where?

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable retailer who would ship a bottle of this to me?

I guess i could trawl Google.....but being a tiny bit lazy.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Murfv

You could try Hannants in the UK, they do mail order.
    www.hannants.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Murfv wrote: »
    You could try Hannants in the UK, they do mail order.
    www.hannants.co.uk/

They wont ship it to me.

Flammable materials regulations, unfortunately.

Anyone got any ideas?

I assume Alclad is a myth in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Murfv

wernstrom! wrote: »

I assume Alclad is a myth in this country.

It's not a myth by any means, I know a couple of lads who use Alclad but they possibly get it at one of model shows in the UK(Telford being the biggest) and bring it back themselves.
    You could ask on the IPMS Ireland Forum(http://www.ipmsireland.com/forum/) to see if any of the lads there can tell you if Alclad can be sourced here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

did you try hannants? ive got it from them loads of times. Even without a kit.
    I just put in the order and they send.

The Doktor wrote: »
    did you try hannants? ive got it from them loads of times. Even without a kit.
    I just put in the order and they send.

Their site said 'no shipping' to a range of countries, but Ireland was not specifically listed.

So i mailed and asked to be sure, they said 'no, sorry'.

• Advertisement

Try www.dms-racing.com

i got some there about 3 weeks ago. Failing that... ill sell you one of the 5 bottles of it I have for €50 :D

Or should i just settle for the far more readily available Tamiya Silver Chrome?

Maybe it's not a good sub after all.......but after a bit of of tinkering, i'm actually getting a very smooth, reflective surface out of it.

The Doktor wrote: »
    Try www.dms-racing.com

i got some there about 3 weeks ago. Failing that... ill sell you one of the 5 bottles of it I have for €50 :D

I'll give them a shot. Thanks

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Or should i just settle for the far more readily available Tamiya Silver Chrome?

Maybe it's not a good sub after all.......but after a bit of of tinkering, i'm actually getting a very smooth, reflective surface out of it.

you can try all you like, but you just wont get a metal finish with tamiya chrome. The only time id use the tamiya stuff is to replicate silver paint!
    Even at that I find the Alclad Aluminium better as its a more scale silver flake in it.
    Heres two pics below, and the metal finish has been dulled down cos it was just too shiny!
    mig2.jpg

Finished.jpg

Advertisement