Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Passport validity query

Options
  • 18-07-2011 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All

I am travelling home for good from Ireland to NZ in November this year flying Aer Lingus to London, Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong where I am staying for 6 nights then onto NZ (Cathay Pacific also) and Jetstar to Christchurch. My NZ passport is valid until January 12th 2012. Would the 6 month validity rule apply when my destination is my home country?

Cheers if anyone knows who I contact, NZ passport (Department of Internal Affairs) did not know, not sure who else to contact?!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

you can always enter your home country on its passport, regardless of validity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kiwishocker

Thanks for that just worried about passing through London and Hong Kong which I will be staying in for 6 nights?? Or do they just look at your destination when they grant you entry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Hi,

no passport control entering London (I've once seen it leaving, but they saw my GNIB card and threw my passport back at me). Most countries only require 3 months validity (except the US). I'd check the HK visitor requirements to be sure. As for getting into the motherland, it doesn't matter :)

Advertisement